dForce simulations causing system problems.

Hey friends.

I've persued the forums and haven't yet found even an example of this happening, let alone a solution. 

I am running Daz 4.10.0.123 on OSX 10.13.6, and I am having an interesting problem. I am running a dForce simulation on a single dForce-ready clothing product on the base G8 figure, no wind nodes, no funky extras, no hair or props or lights or set, just literally draping the clothing over a figure in a sitting pose. 

After about 4/5 of the way through the simulation, my system logs out, resets, and all previous data was lost. This happens repeatedly and predictably, though not always with the same model or figure (i.e this particular instance it happens every time, others it is pot luck whether it occurs or not).

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be? I greatly dislike playing Russian Roulette with my work.

Comments

• Sounds like a driver or even hardware issue. What are your system specs, what are you using as the OpenCL provider (Advanced tab of Simulation Settings) and what GPU driver are you using?

• hieroglyphhieroglyph Posts: 11

It's a late 2015 iMac running a 3.5 GHz Core i5, 8 GB of DDR3, with the internal Apple ATI Radeon R9 m290x Compute Engine as the OpenCL device. 

Hardly the most effecient rig for high-labour simulations, but it's never had a problem before so this recent kind of catastrophic failure comes at a bit of a surprise. I've noticed that if I change the Collision Mesh Resolution to 'Viewport' it lessens the chances of it happening (down to about 2/5 times) but it doesn't completely eliminate it.

• Could still be driver/hardware - you are lessening the load when you change the resolution setting you reduce the amount of work that has to be done.

• estaf1001estaf1001 Posts: 9

Sounds like a driver or even hardware issue. What are your system specs, what are you using as the OpenCL provider (Advanced tab of Simulation Settings) and what GPU driver are you using?

Is there advanced tab only in paid version?

So if I just open simulation settings (in free version of that app - 4.11), that I can't watch advanced one.

Снимок экрана 2019-07-19 в 22.39.20.png
    524 x 1098 - 192K
  • It's at the top, just under the Save button.