Free mod dining table.

lukon100lukon100 Posts: 766

https://sharecg.com/v/94105/21/DAZ-Studio/Table-Dining-Early-1970s-Mod-V1

MOST OF THE README:

This table exists in real life, at my step-dad's house. Manufacturer and model unknown. There are matching chairs too,
but I didn't model them. Perhaps some day I will.

My parents purchased this table at Sears around 1972. I've never seen a copy of it anywhere else.

I modeled it in Blender, mostly from memory and a single photograph. I e-mailed my dad to have him give me the overall diameter and height.
He wrote that it was 48 inches diameter, and right about 30 inches high.

The table loads into Daz Studio at those overall dimensions by default. But I think it looks too small at that size,
when I pose some actual characters sitting at the table. So I like to set the scale about 105.00%

VERSIONS AND FEATURES ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This download includes the model in both it's smaller round configuration and it's oblong configuration with the middle
plank inserted. The middle plank is not a separate piece.

Also, I include versions of the model for both DAZ Studio format and .obj format.

MATERIALS -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both format versions have 5 independednt material zones for lots of flexability in color schemes.
All 5 of these material zones are UV mapped, so you can use texture images on them.

The DAZ Studio formatted version has shader settings applied that come stock with DAZ Studio.
Change these shaders as you please.

The .obj version has no materials applied at all. You’ll need to apply them yourself.
You'll find the wood texture image I use in the same folder as the .obj models.

The wood texture image I supply also loads applied to the Daz Studio version table top by deault.
Image by Sahil Sehgal. To my knowledge, that image cannot be used for commercial purposes.

Image 01.jpg
1220 x 1145 - 805K

Comments