Face/Morph problems with figures - Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 - they dont look as they seem

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding various Genesis figures. I bought them, installed but it does not really seem the person I bought, but rather the standard genesis figure.
e.g.
- Grace (genesis 3)
- Mia (Genesis 3
- Eden (genesis 3)
All these figures look identical!
When I load other characters, they look the same as described.
Error in the system ??

I also have an Asian figure:
- Miya Doll (genesis 8)
In this figure, the whole breast is totally crumpled! I think there is a real mistake in the figure. So far there was no update.

THX for helping

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Can you show what you mean as I see them looking different from each other on their product pages.

• ImmoNatorImmoNator Posts: 14

The 3 females (G3) look identical to me and not as in the pictures in the store.

And the second pic in Miya and that probably can not be right, right?

grace_mia_eden.JPG
    1569 x 457 - 81K
  • Please put the Viewport in Smooth Shaded mode, using the sphere icon at top-right, before taking a screen shot of a nude figure.

How did you install the content?

Ahh thx, I was wondering whats happend with the second pic ;-)
    I bought this figures in the DAZ Shop and installed them with the "Install Manager"

miya_doll_broken_breasts.JPG
    1149 x 662 - 86K
  • Are you using the default paths or have you changed them?

With one of the non-changing charactrs applied and the figure selected please post a screen shot of the parametrs pane with the Currently Used group selected (post more than one shot if there are too many sliders to show in one go). Do the same for the figure with the distorted chest.

In this case, I had installed the program not on drive C: but on drive D:
    But I also have the same problem on another computer where I installed everything according to the specifications (without changes) on drive C:

Which special group you mean ? There are hundred of parameter panes !!
    I placed the figure with deformed chest next to an figure with no problems and checked the parameters. All parameters I recognized are the same.

• Window>Panes(Tabs)>Parametrs, Currently Used is one of the groups down the left hand side which filters what shows on the right.

Are you saying that this shows only on some characters, not every character based on the same figure?

The whole thing happens immediately when I load the Figurt in the Viewport - without having made any adjustments. I start the program, load the figure and it is simply misrepresented. So it is with the other Genesis 3 figures too (Grace, Eden and Mia)
    In the second screenshot this is definitely not the Genesis 3 figure "Mia" - see right in the Pane: Mia 100%.

The problem is only with these figures. All other figures work wonderfully!

mia_panes.JPG
    1344 x 866 - 147K
    genesis_3_figures.JPG
    1690 x 833 - 154K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Do you own the required products listed on the store pages for the figures? Are those required products installed? Are they installed in the same library that your G3F and G8F are installed in?

For example, the Mia product lists these as required products:

Required Products: 

No, I did not buy these extensions. So then there are figures where you need these "body morphs" extra?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029
    edited July 2019
    ImmoNator said:

No, I did not buy these extensions. So then there are figures where you need these "body morphs" extra?

Yes, a lot of characters use the base head and body morphs (especially the body morphs as it's often easier to get clothes to fit well when using those than if the morph is totally custom).

Basically if the character lists a product as "required product" then you need to own it if you want the character to look as in the promo pics.

Post edited by Leana on

Oh, that's stupid! Now I see it too. I did not see that when buying the figure. I did not know that there are differences here. Then we probably have the puzzle solution. OMG - LOL
    Thank you for the help to all !!

mia_2.JPG
    1907 x 936 - 213K

I will try it - if after buying theese add-ons dont work, I will come back here - ;-)