Iray Uber Base

Hello again...

I am trying to apply the Iray Uber base to my scene before I render. but when I double click on it nothing happens. I have expanded everything and selcted everything (accept lights and cameras) in both the scene tab and the surface tab. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong because sometimes it works just fine.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• What are you expecting to happen? The only visible changes will be in the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane, where the shader listed at top-left will be Iray Uber base (if it wasn't) and list of properties will have changed (if the shader has changed). Unless you are going to be editing the settings there's no real reason to do this as DS will apply the shader where needed at render time.

• Oh! Great. Thank you. Sorry for the dumb question. I obviously have a LOT to learn. It's a bit overwhelming. LOL

• That particular bit of information is more implied thans tated explicitly anyway. You may want to apply the sahder and adjust it, especially for things like glass and emtals (or use one of the presets for a particular kind of glass or metal instead) but for most things the auto-conversion, if needed, does a reasonable job.