Render Quality Issues

Hello, I'm new at this so I'm sure I'm just not doing something right, but my render quality is terrible. I have tried it on different settings and they all come out the same way grainy, and not quite completely rendered (tiny specks).

What setting do I need to put it on? I am not really trying to create a whole sceen. I just want the models to take over into photoshop as a png.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

P.S. I applied Iray Uber base and lighting.

ShadowManandWomanTest.png
3840 x 2160 - 4M

Comments

• Is the scene in an enclosed space? That will always slow the process down, especially if you are relying on an HDR environment map for the lighting.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,771

You need to render longer.

Go to Render Settings -> Progressive Render Settings and set Max Time to 0 (which means unlimited).

If this doesn't help, try setting Rendering Quality higher.

• Hylas said:

Go to Render Settings -> Progressive Render Settings and set Max Time to 0 (which means unlimited).

I will try that. Thank you. :-)

• Blind OwlBlind Owl Posts: 501
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Hylas said:

While this effectively turns off Max Time as a stop condition, the image will still stop rendering when it reaches convergence, or Max Samples, whichever comes first.

My go to settings, in Render Settings -> Progressive Render Settings. are:

• Quality Enable: Off
    • Max Time: 0
    • Max Samples: 15000

Although I set the Max Samples to a high value, I'll stop the render if and when I like what I see.

@daphanieaustin, Another thing to try is using more light in the scene and then using the Tone Mapping to make it darker again. I've seen a few instructions that say do this and that, in such and such order, but I've had good results just changing the Exposure Value. You'll have to unlock it, (click on the tiny padlock to the right of the parameter name,) but adjusting that value will do the trick. (For the life of me, I can never remember whether I set it higher or lower to get darker. I just tweak it when I need to.)

• lvls3dxlvls3dx Posts: 48

Leaving aside more advanced rendering configs, you could just start by trying to apply HDRI lighting while no other source lights and your camera light off. Could be just a matter of not having a proper source of light and thus the grainy and dark results.

Anything from this vendor could be a good start:

https://www.daz3d.com/ultrahd-iray-hdri-with-dof--spanish-beach

Also try to size down the render dimensions a bit in order to go faster at this trial and error stage.

Anyway, overall your render looks far better than mine when I was at your same stage. Have more confidence in your work :)