Help with psd files for makeup

RayKatRayKat Posts: 30
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hey every one,
You have allhelped me a great deal in the past so here we go.One mo time.
I bought 'Neautifull Darkness Makeup' thing.it uses psd files which I knew when I bought it.I just thought there would be better documentation with it on how exactly to go about using it.
i know I have to open the psd files for it in photoshop or the gimp.I have both so no problems there.I want to use it on Genesis,v4
stuff.How do I get the face head textures I need into photoshop,and how do I get them back into daz.If any one knows of any good tutorials on the subject that would be great.If any one has actuall experience doing this,that would be even better,
This isn't for a specific piece I'm working onJust trying to broaden my horizons and learn more.So if any one has any great words of wisdom I'd love to hear em.Thanks in advance once again.
RayKaT

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

In DAZ Studio, use the Surface Selection Tool (Alt+Shift+M), and select the texture that you want to use (head or body etc).

Then go to the Surfaces pane, and the surface that you have selected in the viewport will be selected in the Surfaces lane as well. Click on the small icon in the Diffuse tab, and use the Browse option to go to the folder that holds the appropriate texture file Right click on the texture file, and select ' Open With ' and select Photoshop or Gimp.

When you have finished with the texture, save it out of PS with a different name, so that it does not overwrite the original, then back in DS, go to Surfaces > Diffuse, and load the new texture. Then you can save as a Scene or Scene subset.

Those are the basics, someone else can maybe give you a more detailed version if you need it, but that is basically all you need to do.

• RayKatRayKat Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

Thanks,
    That definetly helps.I had bought a kakeup thing from daz called rainbow makeup which used lie and had good designs but for soe reason when i apply a makeup presset on it ,it would apply but after that it would bog down my who;e systemand send it into a perpetual circle of freezing for a few seconds and then working really slowly for a sew seconds over and over.No one from Daz could figure it out thats why i'm going this route.
    Any way i thank you .I yhink I can figure the rest out,You rock!
    raykat