How to update Daz Studio 3?

BomberBomber Posts: 120
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi. I have Daz Studio 3.1.0.148 (http://i.imgur.com/EYFJd.png)

And I was wondering how I could update it to version 3.1.2.32 so I could use a plug-in with it. Any ideas? Thank you.

(No its not in previous purchases.)

Comments

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Bombkirby said:

And I was wondering how I could update it to version 3.1.2.32 so I could use a plug-in with it. Any ideas? Thank you.

If you have previously purchased it from Daz, then it should be in your Itemised order history for you to reset, if as you say, it is not in your order history, either phone Daz on their free number (US only) or log a support ticket (there are a couple of issues with the support system at the moment tho).

If you didn't get it from DAZ, say from a magazine coverdisk, if you can get a back issue of DigitalArts, the October 2011 issue which had DS3 Advanced on it.

Alternatively make the leap to DS4 and get the pro version for free!

Regards :)

• BomberBomber Posts: 120
    edited July 2012

Bombkirby said:

If you have previously purchased it from Daz, then it should be in your Itemised order history for you to reset, if as you say, it is not in your order history, either phone Daz on their free number (US only) or log a support ticket (there are a couple of issues with the support system at the moment tho).

If you didn't get it from DAZ, say from a magazine coverdisk, if you can get a back issue of DigitalArts, the October 2011 issue which had DS3 Advanced on it.

Alternatively make the leap to DS4 and get the pro version for free!

Regards :)

DS4 won't open the DS3 scenes I have correctly. But thank you for reminding me that I got it through that magazine offer. I better go dig that out. Where ever it is.

So thats the only way to update? Reinstall?

Post edited by Bomber on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

When you first run DS4 it should ask you if you want to "Import Mapped Folders" and if you want to "Migrate the Content Database". You can access these options from the Content Library options menu if it doesn't prompt you automatically.

First "Import Mapped Folders". If you then look at the Content Library tab you can click on "DAZ Studio Content Folders" or "Poser Content Folders" and see the folders as they are on disk, equivalent to the Folder view in DS3.

Then "Migrate the Content Database" to import the Content Database used in the Category view in DS3. After you do this, clicking on "Categories" in the Content Library tab in DS4 will give you the equivalent of the Category view in DS3, plus an extra top-level category "Default" for the DS4 content. You can now categorize the DS4 content from Default > Unassigned into your own categories.

Note: Migrating will skip items which have non-English characters, such as diacritical marks.

edited July 2012

When you first run DS4 it should ask you if you want to "Import Mapped Folders" and if you want to "Migrate the Content Database". You can access these options from the Content Library options menu if it doesn't prompt you automatically.

First "Import Mapped Folders". If you then look at the Content Library tab you can click on "DAZ Studio Content Folders" or "Poser Content Folders" and see the folders as they are on disk, equivalent to the Folder view in DS3.

Then "Migrate the Content Database" to import the Content Database used in the Category view in DS3. After you do this, clicking on "Categories" in the Content Library tab in DS4 will give you the equivalent of the Category view in DS3, plus an extra top-level category "Default" for the DS4 content. You can now categorize the DS4 content from Default > Unassigned into your own categories.

Note: Migrating will skip items which have non-English characters, such as diacritical marks.

Oh, thank you for the step by step directions. I'll see if it works. Maybe when I import an old scene, half of it won't be invisible and/or microscopic.

Post edited by Bomber on
    edited December 1969

Thanks a ton buddy. That got the scenes to not be all bugged up. Thanks Daz forums!

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Glad to help, and welcome to the wonderful world of DS4 Pro :)