How can I remove all snow from my picture?

lord Adamlord Adam Posts: 125
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi everyone!
This time I want to change already maded props - street, I want to remove all snow form this picture (I intend to make 4 wersions for this street, main goal is to make Four seasons of the year). I tested one thing: I removed all shaders in shader tabs with word -snow, but nothing really happen... I don't know how to remove any part of the snow, simultaneously to no't remove whole street. Is anyone of you know how to do it in carrara pro 8?

Street_in_winter_2013.jpg
1922 x 1084 - 239K

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2013

Which set is that? Are the snow bits not separate objects which can just be removed?

I am only a beginner with Carrara, so am not certain how you would do it, but I know I can remove them in Poser, if it is the set I think it is.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I have this, it is the Victorian street scene (Stonemason I think)

It is simple enough to do inside DS, and it should be the same in Carrara. All I did was turn down the Opacity to 0% in the Surfaces pane.
    Select the different snow surfaces, they are listed as F1 Snow to F4 Snow and the GroundSnow as well, and turn off the Opacity, it should work.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

That looks like Stonemason's Victorian Street Front set. I've used that in DS, but it's been a while (and I don't have it installed on this newish laptop), so I can't recall if the snow option is separate and can be removed or hidden. I suspect it probably can be, but I never used it when I had Carrara installed, and one of the reasons I don't use Carrara anymore is the difficulty I found in adjusting textures, or what Carrara refers to shaders.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

It's been more than two years, but I just checked how I did it in DAZ. like JimmyC says: turn opacity up and choose a diferent sidewalk.

VictorianVickiesStreet.jpg
    860 x 615 - 126K
  • lord Adamlord Adam Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

In Carrara pro 8 there is not such a thing like ,,Opacity" or Surfaces pane. I searched that option by several minutes...
    Or just I am blind? What does it mean to ,,choose a diferent sidewalk", could you be more specific, tjeb??

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The Surfaces pane is in DAZ Studio.

Opacity may be called 'Transparency' in Carrara, have a look for that.

What does it mean to ,,choose a diferent sidewalk”, could you be more specific, tjeb??

He means the ground surface, you can make it invisible, and use another one if you like, but if you use the transparency for the snow, the surface underneath should be OK.
  • TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

Yes, I have an older version of Carrara and there it is called transparency.
    For the sidewalk I have most likely used a plane with a tile texture-map and probably a bumpmap as well.

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

The Surfaces pane is in DAZ Studio.

Opacity may be called 'Transparency' in Carrara, have a look for that.

What does it mean to ,,choose a diferent sidewalk”, could you be more specific, tjeb??

He means the ground surface, you can make it invisible, and use another one if you like, but if you use the transparency for the snow, the surface underneath should be OK.

There is transparency in the shader room as well as alpha. I would set Alpha Value to 0% instead of Transparency.

• lord Adamlord Adam Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

Thank's for good advices!
    I remove all snow forcefully from my picture. The last thing I would like to do is add some day light (sunlight). I tested a few already maded scenes for sky but nothing really happen (the software open's a new window for a new picture). So my question is how to add ,,Californian sky" for example to my street (and remove black sky- texture from all the buldings)??

picture_without_snow.jpg
    1454 x 921 - 164K