DAZ Studio 3d Registration via GP or registry?

edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi all,

I am having a issue with registration DAZ 3d Studio 4.6, i am able to register it if i put in the serial and it has no problems. But i am trying to deploy a image to all the computer, for some reason, sysprep dose not save the registration setting and is there a way to register all computer at once?

Please let me know if some one came across such problem, thank!

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Hi all,

I am having a issue with registration DAZ 3d Studio 4.6, i am able to register it if i put in the serial and it has no problems. But i am trying to deploy a image to all the computer, for some reason, sysprep dose not save the registration setting and is there a way to register all computer at once?

? Right-click to open D/S and "run as Admin". Enter the number. Close D/S and open normally and see if that fixed it.

• edited December 1969

Hi all,

? Right-click to open D/S and "run as Admin". Enter the number. Close D/S and open normally and see if that fixed it.

Thanks for that Patience55,

I do that and register on single machine and it is no problems; but when i sysprep it when making a new image, it looses that registration. is it able to register multiple machines via Group policy via registry or something?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Hi all,

I do that and register on single machine and it is no problems; but when i sysprep it when making a new image, it looses that registration. is it able to register multiple machines via Group policy via registry or something?

Not sure but I think you'd have to put the serial key(s) into each computer. [can install D/S onto as many computers as required for the task AFAIK ... and also, one can "buy" as many of the free copies as required if separate keys are required].
    Hopefully somebody who does what you're trying to do comes along soon with a better answer.

• edited December 1969

Hi all,

Not sure but I think you'd have to put the serial key(s) into each computer. [can install D/S onto as many computers as required for the task AFAIK ... and also, one can "buy" as many of the free copies as required if separate keys are required].
    Hopefully somebody who does what you're trying to do comes along soon with a better answer.

Thanks for your help, i guess that is the option im stuck with (entering the s/n one by one on each computer :( ) If any one has came across it, please let me know.

BTW, i tried submitting a ticket, it been 1 week and no one replied lol, i dont think they check their support tickets.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2013

A question, are you trying to set up a render farm? I am not certain that DS can support one. Will see if I can find anyone to clarify that.

BTW Customer Service need you to be very specific and clear as to what you are trying to achieve when you submit a ticket. IF they can't understand what it is you are trying to do then they will not be able to solve your ticket.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,260
    edited December 1969

No, DS does not support network rendering. You can render to RIB and pass that to the full3delight, but network rendering with that is pricey.