DAZ Big Cat 2 Discussion Thread (Formerly Big Cat 2 Sneak Preview)

1234568»

Comments

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Hi Guys, I'm a proper newbie to Daz. I have just bought Daz Big cats 2. They are very cool, but I must be doing something wrong as I can't find the options to make the cats roar or even just open their mouths.

Could somebody point me in the right direction. I'm sure I'm just being thick. Any pointers appreciated.

Hello, see attached image: you need to select the Cat, and in the Parameters Pane, under Pose Controls, you have all controls for several body parts.

Screen_Shot_10.jpg
    1897 x 1036 - 406K
  • BlackDog1966BlackDog1966 Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Hi Guys, I'm a proper newbie to Daz. I have just bought Daz Big cats 2. They are very cool, but I must be doing something wrong as I can't find the options to make the cats roar or even just open their mouths.

Could somebody point me in the right direction. I'm sure I'm just being thick. Any pointers appreciated.

Hello, see attached image: you need to select the Cat, and in the Parameters Pane, under Pose Controls, you have all controls for several body parts.

Hi there,

Thank you for the swift reply. I tried your suggestion, but there is still no option in the 'Parameters' tab for posing control.

I feel like I'm missing something terribly obvious. I've tried re-installing the Big Cat files and also searching my hard drive for content just in case.

I've attached a screen grab to show the current situation. Will keep trying :)

Thank you for the assist.

Mark

grab_1.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 231K
    edited December 1969

Mark,

expand the Actor item, see if you got dials inside there.

edited December 1969

Mark,

expand the Actor item, see if you got dials inside there.

Hi Alessandro,

Doesn't seem to be any controls apart from the one shown (pic attached). It is as if I'm missing some component. Have now reinstalled the Big Cat 2 files a few times, but to no avail. I'm getting to the point where a re-install of Daz 4.6 itself might be in order. Have you heard of any others with this particular issue?

Cheers,
    Mark

grab_2.jpg
    1810 x 1204 - 320K
    edited December 1969

It really seems that way, i.e. missing some controls. Odd, I never seen that before.
    If I were you, I'd uninstall and reinstall DAZ Studio. Or perhaps open a support ticket.

edited December 1969

It really seems that way, i.e. missing some controls. Odd, I never seen that before.
    If I were you, I'd uninstall and reinstall DAZ Studio. Or perhaps open a support ticket.

Thank you Alessandro. I will give that a go. If that doesn't help, I will open a support ticket with Daz.

Cheers,
    Mark

edited December 1969

Hi Alessandro,

Just wanted to pass on the news that I took your advice and opened a support ticket. It took a few days but I got a reply and their instructions worked.

All is well :)

Cheers,
    Mark

edited December 1969

Very well!

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308
    edited March 2014

Hi Alessandro,

Just wanted to pass on the news that I took your advice and opened a support ticket. It took a few days but I got a reply and their instructions worked.

All is well :)

Cheers,
    Mark

Any chance of sharing the instructions from the support ticket???? I'm having the exact same problem!

Post edited by Gogger on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308
    edited December 1969

Okay, checked my installer after finding that the Big Cat 2 works in Poser. Uninstalled the DAZ version and manually directed it to install in the DAZ library and VOILA! Big Cat with a big yawn in DAZ. Thanks!

• VoltisArtVoltisArt Posts: 212

I see that I'm not the only one looking for big cat cubs, with no answers or offerings that I've found...but am I the only one who noticed that one of the promo pics includes cubs in the background?  Were these simply scaled, another model, an abandoned product..?

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/83/7a092dca66e7311909a052ca4efc7a.jpg (this thread, first post)

http://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/o/pop-up01_dazbigcat2_.jpg (product page, same image)

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576
    VoltisArt said:

I see that I'm not the only one looking for big cat cubs, with no answers or offerings that I've found...but am I the only one who noticed that one of the promo pics includes cubs in the background?  Were these simply scaled, another model, an abandoned product..?

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/83/7a092dca66e7311909a052ca4efc7a.jpg (this thread, first post)

http://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/o/pop-up01_dazbigcat2_.jpg (product page, same image)

Looks like those were just scaled down females. The proportions look exactly the same and on a cub the ears and paws would be biggerr.

• For some reason, the teeth and tongue are gray colored. How can I fix this?

They use custom 3Delight shaders which won't show in preview. I'm not sure off-hand how well they work in Iray

They use custom 3Delight shaders which won't show in preview. I'm not sure off-hand how well they work in Iray

They don't show there either. You can color the teeth and tongue, but I much rather use the included skin maps. Problem is that they don't show up.

Luckily I have the old Millenium Big Cat. I can use that until I can solve this problem.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

I've been really enjoying watching the WiPs over in Hivewire's forums. It's too bad we don't really have a WiP section of the forum here. But then we have so many more vendors over here that it probably wouldn't be managable.

• Can someone please help me to show me where I can edit the Lion's mouth? I am new at this and been looking everywhere

• Is there a way to change the eye colors? Doesn't look like there is anything in Materials. I guess I could use PS to edit the source files but just wondering if there is an easier way or there are additional assets out there to quickly swap the eyes.