Confusion on UV maps, PLease help

KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
edited December 1969 in New Users

I tried to put the sherriff boots for Gia on Josie...they wouldn't fit properly the toe of the boot was all crumpled and funky, and they didn't sit proper even in zero pose. I see Josie uses V5 UV's and Gia has her own UV's? Is this correct meaning that altho they are both Gen2 figures the clothing is not all cross compatible between the G2 females or is there a simple solution that I am not doing

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

A figures UV mapping has nothing to do with clothing, it is most likely a problem with auto following morphs.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

so how would I know if that's the issue?

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Kharma-
    See if it makes a difference having the foot selected when you try to apply the boot (instead of the main figure.) Sometimes that gets closer to what it's supposed to be, if things are acting funky. Also, be sure you HAD the main figure selected when you first try it. I know that is a silly thing to remind someone of, but I am guilty of loading something into a scene, forgetting that I've done something else, then loading and getting a wonky result because the original thing wasn't selected. Anytime an autofit comes up and says "unsupported" I'm thinking, "Uh oh, I did it again." (Move over Britney Spears.) Did you happen to get an unsupported popup? If so, you didn't have the main figure selected.
    Cathie

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Novica at first I did get the unsupported error and realized what I did wrong but once I got the boots fitted then posed they went all wonky looking, I will try again and post a screen shot, unless they miraculously work now lol. Maybe it happened cause I tried so many different fixes one right after another?

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 2013

Do the boots have the breakdown submenus over in Parameters where you can try to move sliders for each section?

Post edited by Novica on