pushing the limit.

mackeymobmackeymob Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I have Studio 4.6 and I'm trying to figure out or find a tutorial that will show me how to do images with more than the five people that my system will render in it.

I have a Idea for a image with my main character standing at a rail with multiple people walking by or standing around.

Can someone help or point me to where I can get the help.

Thanks
David

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Ideally you would use LoRes characters, like the ones that Predatron sells in the store here:

http://www.daz3d.com/lorenzo-and-loretta-bundle

But you could also try to use the Lores objs that come with V4 and M4, there is a 17k, 8k, 4k and even a 1k, and you could use them if they are not close to the camera. The clothing may be a problem though, unless you have decimator, and can reduce it a bit.

The other thing is doing multiple renders, and assembling them in Photoshop or similar, as separate layers.

• mackeymobmackeymob Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That's what I was thinking. do multiple renders then put them together with Paintshop Pro.

Is there a tutorial out there somewhere that might help me with that?

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

What you're looking for is Multi-Pass Rendering. I don't have any particular links, but I'm sure if you Google for that phrase, you'll come up with a lot of choices. Some of them may relate more about the different lighting in your scene, rather than different characters/objects, but I believe the composition of the separate renders as separate layers in Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, or any other 2D graphics app of your choice, should be the same or at least similar.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,254
    edited December 1969

Save your renders as tiff or png so that you get a built-in mask, using black as the background colour or, if the composition is fixed, render from the back to the front and use the previous layers as a backdrop (but still composite the separate renders rather than taking the render over a rendered back drop as the final image).

• mackeymobmackeymob Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank You all
    I'll give it a try and see what I come up with.
    I'll post the outcome.