Daz Hexacon Bridge 'Blows Up' Clothing Morph

edited December 2013 in Hexagon Discussion

Hi all !

I have a skirt that I want to modify by pulling the back towards a little bit as there is no native morph control for this particular part of the skirt in Daz, so I try using Hexagon to create a morph for it. (pic1).

I'm not sure if the problem is caused because I have mesh smoothing modifier on the object before takin it into hexagon... (pic2).
(I tried without mesh smooth, same problem, so nevermind...)

Once in Hexagon, I push the skirt as I wanted to, w/o adding or removing any verts or doing anything funky, then I hit 'validate' and send back to Daz. (pic3).

Then I create the morph for my adjustments (pic4) and click on Accept....

.... (pic5) the whole skirt mesh has 'Blown' itself out of place too big twisted piece of fabric (mesh smoothing modifier still applied on it lol)
I've tried everything. without mesh smoothing, same results. only thing that works is to create an individual prop out of the skirt when importing via Bridge, but I really wanted it to be a Morph so I can pose the figure further.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks

EDIT : THE IMAGES ARE IN INVERSE ORDER FOR SOME REASON

5.jpg
1440 x 792 - 399K
4.jpg
1440 x 814 - 444K
3.jpg
1440 x 833 - 624K
2.jpg
1440 x 838 - 424K
1.jpg
1440 x 837 - 331K
Post edited by albaricoquero_e2fecfdec9 on

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 2013

Before bringing the morphed skirt back into D/S, under Preferences change the Hexagon Bridge choice to Advanced.
    You need to reverse the shape/morph etc because what is happening is a doubling up on the morph.

008.png
    531 x 544 - 59K
    007.png
    755 x 692 - 67K
    Post edited by patience55 on
  • edited December 1969

Thanks a lot , Patience55 !!!!
    Worked, problem solved.

Just wondering why is this not added as default setting for beginners to start with...

• edited December 1969

Taught I might as well post the result here too

:D :D :D

Thank you for help!!!!

Elf_Conjure.jpg
    1567 x 2000 - 789K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Glad you got it working! And thanks for sharing the image. Looks very nice :-)