Any Interest in RenderThrottle for 3Delight?

Some of you from the "old school" may remember the original RenderThrottle I released for 3Delight eons ago:

http://omnifreaker.com/index.php?title=RenderThrottle

It was not compatible with newer versions of DS, so I removed it from the store....but I realize 3Delight still has its place and I find myself missing it.

Is there any interest in an updated RenderThrottle for 3Delight that is DS 4.11 compatible?

RenderThrottle Banner

Comments

• I am definitely interested.

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

Add me to the list - I was wondering why it fell out of the store - compatibility issues make sense.

thanks for thinking of us!

--ms

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,158

I’m interested :)

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499
    edited June 2019

I still have it and use it when rendering with 3DL.  I think it has limited functionality with newer versions of DS.

Post edited by greymouser69 on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited June 2019

Can't see the benefit, really. What does it do, other than managing render presets? I can't see that it would expose some hidden render properties with the current 3DL implementation? And is it working only with the REYES module or also with the raytracer? Scripted pathtracing?

If it has some new features that would speed up rendering without compromizing on quality, sure count me in;)

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • HibernatusHibernatus Posts: 19

Very interested!

• Very interested!

Thanks all for the feedback! Let me know if there are any new features you would want in such a product.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,874

I'm interested too.

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

For sure!!!  I have it installed to my DS3 Library and I still use DS3 quite often

• lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 589

Dearest Omnifreaker, considering I use it every time I render, the response to your question would be "HELL, YES!!", love, me

• I bought the old one for 3delight and I bought the new one for iray. Is the old one just useless?

• I bought the old one for 3delight and I bought the new one for iray. Is the old one just useless?

The old one only works with DS 2 and 3.  This one has update to work with DS4 with a few new features:

Other improvements:

• There is now an Apply option so you can apply the settings in the case that you want to render out a sequence of frames
    • More conrtol over when your preset will affect resolution
    • Presets are saved in json format
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,158

I don't know how I missed this when it was launched but I picked it up today and I'm so glad I did! It's making a huge difference to my 3DL workflow. I'm using it alongside IBL Master with no problem. Thank you so much @omnifreaker for releasing this.

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

++

Got it and use it most of the time...

It's always good to tell the vendor that we didn't just buy it, but that it's actually useful to us...

not all tools work out this way

renderthrottle is great - thanks

--ms