LIE Face Scars for G3 & G8 [Commercial][Released!]

FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,050

LIE Face Scars for Genesis 3 & 8 [Pack 1]

"Children show scars like medals. Lovers use them as secrets to reveal. A scar is what happens when the world if made flesh." -Leonard Cohen

INTRODUCTION:

The first in (hopefully) many, "L.I.E. Face Scars for Genesis 3 & Genesis 8" was created with the intention of helping users add more personality to their male & female (generations 3 & 8) characters via a set of 10 hand-painted facial scars. These scars can work together to inject subtext to your images, allowing you to build characters marked by hardships and pain. But who, ultimately, wear the badges life has bestowed upon them. Whether they'll wear them with pride, shame or pain is up to your imagination!

Every scar has has been painted with care, which means that some scars may have additional texture maps. Each scar applies
the following maps: diffuse (3 colors), Spec (glossy) a Normal map (with a transparecy mask). Some scars may also apply the
following maps: translucency and a bump map (for extra intensity).

WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT?

The first pack consists on 10 different hand painted scars, crafted with love and care to make them unique from each other. Except for one (nose scar 04) each scar comes with 6 different presets (three skin colored versions -Light, Midtone & Dark; plus a mirror version for each of them).

Face Scars Pack 1 Iray Presets are organized as follows:
Step 01 | Adds an "empty" normal map in case the character used lacks a normal map.
Step 02| Holds folders categorizing the scars as follows:

• Cheeks & Temples | Scar 01 (Left & Right), Scar 09 (Left & Right) & Scar 10 (Left & Right).
  • Eyes & Brows | Scar 02 (Left & Right) & Scar 07 (Left & Right).
  • Lips | Scar 03 (Left & Right), Scar 06 (Left & Right) & Scar 08 (Left & Right).
  • Nose & Chin | Scar 04 (Front) & Scar 05 (Left & Right).
  • --------------------------------------------- TOTAL SCARS: 57 Scar Presets per generation.

DOCUMENTATION:

This product will be our first in (hopefully) many! You can find out more about the product as well as see the catalog for all the scars included in this pack here. The documentation also includes small tutorials to get the best out of the product. This is especially important given that the scars rely on the skin settings of the character you're using. So some variation, especially in regards to gloss, are bound to happen.

We've also included a section for merchant resource use of this product --which I'll add below:

MERCHANT RESOURCE | Permissions & Limitations

You are allowed to use up to two scars for a character you are planning to sell. However, the scars must be baked into ONE skin option/preset. Meaning, the final user should not be able to extract and/or use the scar on a different character.

These can only be used on sold characters, not on free characters. If you do use them, please add our pack as a resouce in the read-me or documentation file.
Additionally, the maps and textures in this pack ARE NOT to be used to create different textures and/or scars. Neither can the textures be transformed into brushes or any other resource.

You can, however, move the scars to a different place and/or change the normal map to either: make a keloid scar -> carved or tweak the scar's intensity.

Face Scars P1_Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
Face Scars P1_popup_01.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 973K
Face Scars P1_popup_02.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 915K
Face Scars P1_popup_03.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 948K
Face Scars P1_popup_04.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 989K
Face Scars P1_popup_05.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 981K
Face Scars P1_popup_06.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M
Face Scars P1_popup_07.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M
Face Scars P1_popup_08.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M
Face Scars P1_popup_09.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 800K
Face Scars P1_popup_10.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M
Post edited by FenixPhoenix on

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,050
    edited June 2019

SCARS:

SKIN COLOR EXAMPLES:

GLOSS/LOOK VARIATION EXAMPLE (depending on skin settings):

Promos showing several scar presets applied:

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

Well, this looks very interesting to me.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I've been waiting and hoping for something like this! Now I just hope I've have gotten my money when it is released so I can play with it at once :)

inquire said:

Well, this looks very interesting to me.

Thank you! I hope it meets and, dare I say, exceeds your expectations!

Carola O said:

I've been waiting and hoping for something like this! Now I just hope I've have gotten my money when it is released so I can play with it at once :)

Thank you! It has gone through Q&A and it's now on Daz's capable hands!

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,815

Looks good!

Hylas said:

Looks good!

Thank you! :)

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 826

Amazing! I do this stuff in Photoshop, but I've always wanted to be able to use something like this 'in render' to add more variety and more convincing looks. Very excited to see this in the store. :D

GlenWebb said:

Amazing! I do this stuff in Photoshop, but I've always wanted to be able to use something like this 'in render' to add more variety and more convincing looks. Very excited to see this in the store. :D

Thank you, Glen! Indeed, I love doing post-work and I've always added scars after the render was done. But as soon as I ventured into the LIE inside DAZ I realized that I could try to do presets for scars to save time! Of course, one scar became two, then three and the rest is history! :)

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,813

these are looking excellent and I'm thankful they are LIE and not decal. I expect these will go nicely on other places on the body as well (as long as they don't cross into the lips)

Linwelly said:

these are looking excellent and I'm thankful they are LIE and not decal. I expect these will go nicely on other places on the body as well (as long as they don't cross into the lips)

Thank you! I haven't gone to explore what can be done with decal. But we opted to go with LIE because that would allow us to add normal/bump maps especially. These have been designed and tested on the face only. However, the end user can certainly experiment to see how they would look on other places of the body. Though, with these being LIE, you'd need to manually add each map on their corresponding channels.

We do plan to eventually expand by making a set of just hand/arms scars, for example. But we have some other products we're working on first :).

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,813
    Linwelly said:

Thank you! I haven't gone to explore what can be done with decal. But we opted to go with LIE because that would allow us to add normal/bump maps especially. These have been designed and tested on the face only. However, the end user can certainly experiment to see how they would look on other places of the body. Though, with these being LIE, you'd need to manually add each map on their corresponding channels.

We do plan to eventually expand by making a set of just hand/arms scars, for example. But we have some other products we're working on first :).

Adding the maps by hand is not troubeling me, I just lacked the quality textures to do so, and decal is painfully slow and bothersome to work with. Still looking forward to what you come up with :D

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

Nice work @fenixphoenix  Can you hint at what else you are working on?  

Nice work @fenixphoenix  Can you hint at what else you are working on?  

Certainly! The next product is actually going to be a second pack of LIE face scars which should be out soon. The third and fourth products are an environment and a "cyberpunk" texture add-on! Though the third product is done, we haven't submitted it to DAZ yet since we wanted to have the texture add-on as a bundled option.

I'll be sharing the promos of the second pack of LIE Face Scars shortly!

edited July 2019

LIE Face Scars for Genesis 3 & 8 [Pack 2] [Released!]

"The wounds go away but the scars remain."

INTRODUCTION:

"L.I.E. Face Scars Pack 2 for Genesis 3 & Genesis 8" is a set of 10 scars. Though this is a stand-alone product, it can work (and was envisioned) as an expansion for Pack 1, allowing you to work out even more combinations for the perfect fit.

Like with pack 1, these scars were hand-crafted with the intention of helping users add more personality to their male & female (generations 3 & 8) characters. These scars can work together to inject subtext to your images, allowing you to build characters marked by hardships and pain. But who, ultimately, wear the badges life has bestowed upon them… But whether they'll wear them with pride, shame or pain is up to you!

Every scar has has been painted with care, which means that some scars may have additional texture maps. Each scar applies
    the following maps: diffuse (3 colors), Spec (glossy) a Normal map (with a transparecy mask). Some scars may also apply the
    following maps: translucency and a bump map (for extra intensity).

WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT?

The second pack consists on 10 different hand painted scars, crafted with love and care to make them unique from each other.

Except for 3 scars, each scar comes with 6 different presets (one per skin color: Light, Midtone & Dark;  plus a mirror version for each of them). Scars 02 & 08 don't include a mirror option (they have only 3 presets each). However Scar 04 comes with an alternate shorter version and its mirrors (12 presets per generation).

Face Scars Pack 1 Iray Presets are organized as follows:
    Step 01 | Adds an "empty" normal map in case the character used lacks a normal map.
    Step 02| Holds folders categorizing the scars as follows:

• Cheeks & Temples:
      • Scar 01 (Left & Right) | Light, Midtone & Dark
      • Scar 05 (Left & Right) | Light, Midtone & Dark
      • Scar 06 (Left & Right) | Light, Midtone & Dark
    • Eyes & Brows
      • Scar 04 (Left & Right) | Light, Midtone & Dark
      • Scar 04 Shorter (Left & Right) | Light, Midtone & Dark
    • Jaws
      • Scar 09 (Left & Right)
    • Lips
      • Scar 03 (Left & Right) | Light, Midtone & Dark
      • Scar 10 (Left & Right) | Light, Midtone & Dark
    • Nose & Chin
      • Scar 02 (Front) | Light, Midtone & Dark
      • Scar 07 (Left & Right) | Light, Midtone & Dark
      • Scar 08 (Front) | Light, Midtone & Dark

DOCUMENTATION:

This product will be our first in (hopefully) many! You can find out more about the product as well as see the catalog for all the scars included in this pack here. The documentation also includes small tutorials to get the best out of the product. This is especially important given that the scars rely on the skin settings of the character you're using. So some variation, especially in regards to gloss, are bound to happen.

We've also included a section for merchant resource use of this product --which I'll add below:

MERCHANT RESOURCE | Permissions & Limitations

You are allowed to use up to two scars for a character you are planning to sell. However, the scars must be baked into ONE skin option/preset. Meaning, the final user should not be able to extract and/or use the scar on a different character.

These can only be used on sold characters, not on free characters. If you do use them, please add our pack as a resouce in the read-me or documentation file.
    Additionally, the maps and textures in this pack ARE NOT to be used to create different textures and/or scars. Neither can the textures be transformed into brushes or any other resource.

You can, however, move the scars to a different place and/or change the normal map to either: make a keloid scar -> carved or tweak the scar's intensity.

Face Scars P2_Main.jpg
    1000 x 1301 - 910K
    Face Scars P2_popup_01.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1004K
    Face Scars P2_popup_02.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 986K
    Face Scars P2_popup_03.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Face Scars P2_popup_04.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Face Scars P2_popup_05.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Face Scars P2_popup_06.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 969K
    Face Scars P2_popup_07.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Face Scars P2_popup_08.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 999K
    Face Scars P2_popup_10.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Face Scars P2_popup_11.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Face Scars P2_popup_12.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 931K
    edited June 2019

PACK 2 SCARS:

PROMOS SHOWING THE SCARS IN USE:

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 826

*two thumbs up* I grabbed the first set on release day. Haven't had a chance to mess around with them yet but will get good use out of them soon. And definitely looking forward to Scars 2. These really do look wonderful, Fenix.

edited July 2019
    GlenWebb said:

*two thumbs up* I grabbed the first set on release day. Haven't had a chance to mess around with them yet but will get good use out of them soon. And definitely looking forward to Scars 2. These really do look wonderful, Fenix.

Thank you for the support, Glen! I hope you like them! I spent a lot of time on them to make them as perfect as possible, considering there aren't really merchant textures for wounds and I had to paint them entirely on photoshop using references. Though, ironically enough, I have a rescue tabby cat and I've gotten a lot of scratches over the years. And it just so happened that I randomly took photos of them, lol. So I did get some textures from those as well :D

John Lock, the soft & SUPER fluffy perpetrator:

20180917_182739_2.jpg
    1981 x 3201 - 4M
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

Great, I snagged this pack and will get the next one too.  Hope you are thinking about making bruises or toon related products (just based on the art you produce and tips you give on other threads :)  )

Great, I snagged this pack and will get the next one too.  Hope you are thinking about making bruises or toon related products (just based on the art you produce and tips you give on other threads :)  )

Thank you very much for the support, Worlds_Edge!

Yes, bruises is actually a product we'll be working on down the line!

As to toon-related products, you're onto something there. There's one I'm very excited about which is the next one we'll be working on. Just need to finish the ones currently on my plate before I can tackle that one! Don't want to spoil it'll be a sort of "construction kit" to help with comic styled storytelling :). It's going to be a lot of fun to work on! And once I have something to show in regards to that, I may post some teasers! ;)

If you have any request/idea for a product that you'd like to see in the store, don't hesitate to share it!

Pack 2 has been released!

• Excellent product(s) (I picked up both). 2nd one especially had the perfect scar I had previously been painting on in post over and over for a character.

I'd second a bruises. Never would have thought of for toons but I'd be down for that as well if you made it.

Thanks again

Excellent product(s) (I picked up both). 2nd one especially had the perfect scar I had previously been painting on in post over and over for a character.

I'd second a bruises. Never would have thought of for toons but I'd be down for that as well if you made it.

Thanks again

Thank you very much for the support! I'm glad the product will save you some post-work time! I used to do wounds in post-work as well, which is why I thought to do these packs in the first place! If you don't mind me asking, which scar was the one your character had?

Yes! I just have to study different bruises so make some variations (new bruise/older bruise/faded bruise) for each bruise :).

• greysgreys Posts: 335

Is it wrong if the cat pic is what tips me over into purchasing? >>

Seriously though, thank you for these!

(and please give your fluffy boy a pat for me... luckily my two girls are asleep on my legs so can't see my covetting your fluff!)

edited July 2019
    greys said:

Is it wrong if the cat pic is what tips me over into purchasing? >>

Seriously though, thank you for these!

(and please give your fluffy boy a pat for me... luckily my two girls are asleep on my legs so can't see my covetting your fluff!)

Thank you for your support! And now I can claim that John is working for his food :D. I also have two rescue cats. The other one is Nikki, who is the nicest cat I've ever met. I think I've only gotten scratched twice by her and it was my fault because I spooked her without meaning to!

PSX_20171209_134328.jpg
    3024 x 4032 - 772K
  • Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 554

Great product! I love the character you're using in your main promo @FenixPhoenix - who is he and can I get him from somewhere? :)

edited July 2019
    Silas3D said:

Great product! I love the character you're using in your main promo @FenixPhoenix - who is he and can I get him from somewhere? :)

Thank you, @Silas3D! He's Kratos Leonhart, an original and super dial-spun character. So I'm afraid he's not available and his recipie is quite difficult to recreate considering we're using morphs from everywhere! I can tell you that he started out as FW Felipe HD and he's wearing his skin, alebit tweaked with both N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution & then refined with Altern8's skin shaders: all three products which I highly recommend :)!

Oh, also his brows are from "Oh My Brows Morphing Eyebrows for Genesis 3 Male" by @RedzStudio which you can find at the other store and which I also HIGHLY recommend.

• Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 554

Thank you, @Silas3D! He's Kratos Leonhart, an original and super dial-spun character. So I'm afraid he's not available and his recipie is quite difficult to recreate considering we're using morphs from everywhere! I can tell you that he started out as FW Felipe HD and he's wearing his skin, alebit tweaked with both N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution & then refined with Altern8's skin shaders: all three products which I highly recommend :)!

Oh, also his brows are from "Oh My Brows Morphing Eyebrows for Genesis 3 Male" by @RedzStudio which you can find at the other store and which I also HIGHLY recommend.

Thanks for the info :)