Saved pose presets takes a long time to load.

The poses I create take a long time to load but the poses I bought from the store loads immediately.What could be the problem.

Comments

• It's just a standard pose preset - not a Proerpties preset or a Hierarchical Pose Preset|?

• ZarquenZarquen Posts: 21

Same problem here, with a standard pose preset...

Guess is the huge ammount of morphs loaded in the GenesisX figure (in my case, Genesis 8 female), 'cos it is not as extreme with other figures.

Even opening the file takes several minutes, zero pose, or whatever I try... frustrating.

any clues?

Thx in advance

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 551

I really do apologize for this necrobump, but was anyone ever to come up with a good solution for this? All othet tutorials I've followed do allow faster loading, but much of the time, the pose will either remain in place or won't save the expressions with said pose. 

Any advice would be great!

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,479

If you have not excluded unnecessary parts and morphs when saving the pose, it saves the status of justabout all the poses and morphs, or at least the label into the posefile => Takes a long time to apply.

Open a store-bought posefile in Notepad++ and one that you have made yourself, the difference is obvious.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,251
    edited August 2020

When saving a pose preset (or any preset, for that matter), look on the far right of the Save Options dialog. There is a control menu (small arrow pointing to a stylized list) to expand and check/uncheck sets of parameters. Usually all you need are the modified values under the hip node, and maybe some others under Pose Controls. If all are saved (and there are several hundred of them) it will take considerably longer to run that script than of you just saved the ones that have been modified (maybe a couple dozen?). Not to mention the undo operations...

Post edited by NorthOf45 on