How can I remove a gift card and switch to paying by Paypal?

radiaradia Posts: 128
edited June 2019 in The Commons

I have crefit on a gift card which I was going to use on a basket so I entered the code. However, I've changed my mind and want to pay by PayPal instead, saving my gift card credit for something else.

The problem is that I can't seem to remove the gift card as a means of payment. It diesn't seem to be like a coupon where you have a 'remove' option as well as the 'apply' option. I tried emptying the basket, closing the browser and starting over, but the gift card was automatically entered as the payment mechanism on the new order and there is no way of removing it that I can see.

Help please!

Post edited by radia on

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

close the cart open it again; does it still show?

I'd apply the gift card code to the section of your account where it says redeem.

If you look under My Account there is a section that says Gift Cards

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Once you input the gift card code, it goes directly to store credit. It stays there until you spend it and doesn't expire. In the cart, just unselect the gift card and choose Paypal. If it doesn't delect, choose Edit Cart and go back to the cart and start the check out process over again. Store Credit should be unselected then. Select Paypal and you should be good to go.

• radiaradia Posts: 128

Thanks for the responses.

Yes, I've closed the cart and reopened it. I've also emptied the cart completely and closed the browser window. I've even tried using a different browser. However any shopping cart I now build has the gift card code sitting there - already applied down above the total with no details in the actual box for the code.

If I proceed to the checkout, there is no option to choose PayPal or any other payment method, because under 'payment' it says 'no payment information required' (and again has the gift card code just above the total).

If I go into my account, the 'store credit' section shows a zero balance, so the gift card obviously hasn't been redeemed yet.

I'm a little nervous about going into the gift card section and redeeming it there in case I lock in this problem: If I have store credit, does that mean that (like the current gift card) it will automatically be used as the first line means of payment or can I definitely choose an alternative means of payment even with store credit in place?

gift_card.gif
    1797 x 766 - 35K
  • Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871

Left & Next to Gift Card (close to your pink marker) is an X in a circle.  Click it. Should be gone.

Failing that clear your cart.

edited June 2019

THANK YOU!!!

Why didn't I notice that X?! I guess I was focusing too much on the upper section where you can apply and remove discount coupon codes.

That's perfect.

Post edited by radia on
  • Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    radia said:

Why didn't I notice that X?!

LOL, it's kinda cute and subtle that X.  Easy to miss.

LOL, it's kinda cute and subtle that X.

Love it! smiley

Thanks again.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited June 2019

Just wanted to note Gift Cards do expire. Your best option is to this page and add the gift card amount to your store credit. Gift cards expire after one year, I believe. Store credit does NOT expire. Once you've added the gift card, go to your account page for store credit and check the store credit for the amount to make sure it's there. People try doing it from the first page I linked and think things are broken when it says the balance of the card is now zero.

Edit to add: Make sure you are logged in with your Daz3D email you used to sign up.

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
    Thanks - that's good to know. Mind you, the way I've been spending, the risk of anything going out of date before it's used is pretty close to nil...
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,146

I think gift cards don't expire for 5 years now. Anybody who can hang onto a gift card that long is not a true Dazaholic!

• JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 798
    barbult said:

I think gift cards don't expire for 5 years now. Anybody who can hang onto a gift card that long is not a true Dazaholic!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

right from the product page in bold...

Details

Purchase store credit for your friend or yourself with a DAZ 3D Gift Card. Store credit is not a valid payment method. Credit Card or PayPal only. Note: Gift Cards expire after one year.