Iray issue

I'm having a problem rendering in Iray. Each time the characters come out black, like a mask. It renders okay in 3dl. Anyone have a idea what I may have done?

Comments

• Wasa-sayanWasa-sayan Posts: 16
    edited June 2019

1. What video card do you have? All Radeon cards not supported for Iray render. Only nVidia cards for Iray rendering.

2. Each character, hair, and clothing for the G3F and G8F have two folders for applying textures to specific render ("3delight" and "Iray"). You need to use Iray mats in the folder "Iray".

Post edited by Wasa-sayan on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

1. What video card do you have? All Radeon cards not supported for Iray render. Only nVidia cards for Iray rendering.

2. Each character, hair, and clothing for the G3F and G8F have two folders for applying textures to specific render ("3delight" and "Iray"). You need to use Iray mats in the folder "Iray".

Or CPU only rendering, you don't NEED a nVidia card to render in Iray.

@mackeymod_ddde3f3c

Do you have lights in the Iray render and are they set to Photometric? Do you have the Environment set to Dome and Scene?

edited June 2019
    Fishtales said:

Iray rendering on CPU [very] slow! Why mock yourself??

Edited for profanity

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033
    edited June 2019
    Fishtales said:

Edited for profanity

It is slower but it does work, and while that may not be acceptable to you it’s still considered perfectly usable for other people.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • everything is fin I have a nvidia card.

It all started after I tryied to use the world dome and base.

after that it will only render Iray as all black.Ive even tried to go to reset to factory settings.

• everything is fin I have a nvidia card.

It all started after I tryied to use the world dome and base.

after that it will only render Iray as all black.Ive even tried to go to reset to factory settings.

Do you still have the dome loaded?

Fishtales said:

Edited for profanity

Depends on what you are rendering. I have renders that range from 20 minutes to two days on CPU only. I do other things while Studio is rendering and sometimes have the Beta rendering too at the same time and still surf the web, work on photographs or watch videos, so who is mocking who :)

edited June 2019
    Fishtales said:

Depends on what you are rendering. I have renders that range from 20 minutes to two days on CPU only. I do other things while Studio is rendering and sometimes have the Beta rendering too at the same time and still surf the web, work on photographs or watch videos, so who is mocking who :)

Okay, there are some artists who can't afford a decent videocard. So they render on CPU while saving money for the card. Video cards will save a lot of time.

Post edited by Wasa-sayan on

This laptop wont take a video card, which I can afford, and I am in the process of looking at laptops with nVideo cards just now, and I haven't had time to rebuild my desktop, fourth motherboard in thirty years :) Beggars can't be choosers so I use what I have until I can get what I want :)

• JasonWNalleyJasonWNalley Posts: 120
    Fishtales said:

This laptop wont take a video card, which I can afford, and I am in the process of looking at laptops with nVideo cards just now, and I haven't had time to rebuild my desktop, fourth motherboard in thirty years :) Beggars can't be choosers so I use what I have until I can get what I want :)

Not sure if you've looked into it or not, but if your laptop has a Thunderbolt 3 connection, you can use the external gpu option.  Just look up "External GPU enclosure"...  Buying a new laptop "could" be avoided if you wanted to.  Generally Mobile GPU's are crappy ghosts of their full card bretheren.   Just food for thought.

This laptop is 10 years old and has already had a new fan for the processor, replaced two hard drives and has had a ram upgrade to 16GB, I think it has come to the end of its usefulness although it will probably go to one of the grandchildren laughlaugh