How does one increse the high resolusion in rendering mages

how can I increse my resolusion from 72 px to 300 px in Daz Studio when rendering an image.

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

You put larger numbers into the dimensions for the render settings.

• Remember that PPI is just a number at the front of the file (or not, DS doesn't actually set it) saying how big a pixel is when printed. When the image size is set in pixels it has no bearing on quality.

• ConnaticConnatic Posts: 279

Do a search for DPI vs PPI and learn some important fundamentals.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited June 2019

You only need to worry about resolution if you are going to print your renders. The size you want for renders is set in pixels for monitor viewing and the resolution then becomes the resolution of the viewing screen. It could be 72, 96 or mine which is 110 :) The number of pixels of the image will always be the same so a 2000px image on a 1365 pixel screen will be shrunk to fit and on a 4000px screen it will sit in the middle but still only taking up 2000 pixels.

https://www.scantips.com/no72dpi.html

Post edited by Fishtales on
  • Thanks to all I hate doing a render in daz at 72 pix the work looks ok but when you enlagge it, it looks like crap. I will experiment a lot my goal is to reach 300 pix.

I just want my rez to look sharp for print.

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    edited June 2019

Thanks to all I hate doing a render in daz at 72 pix the work looks ok but when you enlagge it, it looks like crap. I will experiment a lot my goal is to reach 300 pix.

I just want my rez to look sharp for print.

You need to do the math yourself.

First you need to know what size you plan on printing at. (For example lets say you want to print at 4" x 6" 300dpi)
    4" x 300dpi = 1200 pixels
    6" x 300dpi = 1800 pixels

So a 1200x1800 image = 4" x 6" at 300dpi

Now you take your complete render into a photo editor and go to resize
    make sure that it is set to NOT resample the image
    Set the DPI to 300 and hit apply

The resulting image is exactly as sharp as the orignal render but will now print at 4" x 6"

Post edited by JamesJAB on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Thanks to all I hate doing a render in daz at 72 pix the work looks ok but when you enlagge it, it looks like crap. I will experiment a lot my goal is to reach 300 pix.

DAZ|Studio doesn't insert a dpi value into the saved render image. Where you're getting 72dpi from is whatever program you're using to view the image — 72 is that program's default value for "the image doesn't have a dpi setting". Other programs have different defaults (although 72 is fairly common).