DS latest beta - min requirements re: Nvidia driver?

Can someone please point me to a plain and simple statement of the minimum system requirements for the latest beta of Daz Studio, specifically the requirements that will allow Iray to render instead of producing this error in the log file:

IRAY   rend error: Cannot render: found no usable devices.

There is no such issue with DS 4.10.  I have an Nvidia GTX980M.  I downloaded the beta today and nothing will render.  This is not entirely surprising, but I am more than surprised that a clear statement of all such minimum requirements is not prominently displayed for each beta release, and for the recent full release.  Clearly, my card meets the requirements that are provided (Nvidia card, CUDA 2.0, 4Gb VRAM) or Iray would not work in DS4.10.

Comments

• There is no official spec would recommend updating the Nvidia driver as there have been a few Iray changes in 4.11 that broke older drivers    

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,251

For Iray in 4.11, you need NVIDIA driver 418.81 as a minimum (see Daz Studio Pro 4.11 - Highlights​), or 430.86 if you have Windows May 2019 update (build 1903) (see the Release Notes for NVIDIA Drivers).

• andya_b341b7c5f5andya_b341b7c5f5 Posts: 694
    edited June 2019

Thanks for the pointers.  I will try to grab 418.81 and see if that works.  I should have said I am currently on 416 something and Win 8.1, but it was late and I was fed up!

Still a puzzle why there is no official min spec, and we all have to stumble around in the dark hoping to find some help from other end users.

Post edited by andya_b341b7c5f5 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,880
    edited June 2019

Thanks for the pointers.  I will try to grab 418.81 and see if that works.  I should have said I am currently on 416 something and Win 8.1, but it was late and I was fed up!

Still a puzzle why there is no official min spec, and we all have to stumble around in the dark hoping to find some help from other end users.

The driver requirement is listed in the official update thread linked by NorthOf45 - you can also get there from the DS documentation page https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/332751/daz-studio-4-11-pro-general-release/p1

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • I have got it working with 430 point something, thanks.  And it is using the GTX980M and not faling back to CPU in the initial very simple tests I have done.

Richard - maybe I'm being slow, but I can't see any reference to a required Nvidia graphics driver version on the page you linked to.  Forgive me for not reading through all 7 pages of that discussion.  Since this relates to the 'pro' release and I am trying to get the beta working, I would not have thought to look there anyhow, though I grant you they are the same version at present.  I take it that won't be the case for long.  I did finally find something in the Highlights thread, but only in relation to an earlier version so doesn't really address the question directly.

Not to criticize you personally as it is probably not in your remit, but the crux of my complaint is that a requirement as basic as this should be front and centre in 24 point flashing neon bold in the release notes for every single minor version.  You should not have to go hunting for it.  I am at a loss to understand why it is given such a low profile.

• I have got it working with 430 point something, thanks.  And it is using the GTX980M and not faling back to CPU in the initial very simple tests I have done.

Richard - maybe I'm being slow, but I can't see any reference to a required Nvidia graphics driver version on the page you linked to.  Forgive me for not reading through all 7 pages of that discussion.  Since this relates to the 'pro' release and I am trying to get the beta working, I would not have thought to look there anyhow, though I grant you they are the same version at present.  I take it that won't be the case for long.  I did finally find something in the Highlights thread, but only in relation to an earlier version so doesn't really address the question directly.

Not to criticize you personally as it is probably not in your remit, but the crux of my complaint is that a requirement as basic as this should be front and centre in 24 point flashing neon bold in the release notes for every single minor version.  You should not have to go hunting for it.  I am at a loss to understand why it is given such a low profile.

The page I linked has a link to the highlights thread NorthOf45 linked to.

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,481

@Richard I guess what Andya points out is that it should be a very visible information at the top of the highlights. Not "hidden" in the middle of a lot of pages you have to read to eventually discover it. And I agree.