Raiya Tessa

shaneseymourstudioshaneseymourstudio Posts: 383
edited June 2019 in The Commons

Thanks for Tessa! I am happy to see some excellent ebony skins hit the store:)

IRAY:

RYTS1

OCTANE:

RYTS1O

RYTS1.jpg
3300 x 3900 - 2M
RYTS1O.jpg
3300 x 3900 - 2M
Post edited by shaneseymourstudio on

Comments

• shaneseymourstudioshaneseymourstudio Posts: 383
    edited June 2019

I really love her look in Octane:

RYTS3O

RYTS3Oa

RYTS3O.jpg
    3300 x 3900 - 3M
    RYTS3Oa.jpg
    3300 x 3900 - 3M
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

It's one thing to bring attention to a great product with a render thread every so often, but just posting personal renders should probably be in the Art Studio forum instead of the commons

• It's one thing to bring attention to a great product with a render thread every so often, but just posting personal renders should probably be in the Art Studio forum instead of the commons

I am not sure what constitutes a personal render as any render I post here I do not consider to be a personal render inasmuch as I do not plan to use it in any other capacity. What I have posted is simply showing off the character. There are tons of images for different new releases, many with multiple views showing off the character in threads for new characters all over the place, often 2 or 3 from a single user. Not sure why this posting caught your attention. A mod is welcome to move/delete or otherwise if they feel it warrants such action. I can say the images I have posted are not typical renders that I would make for my own personal gallery so... *shrugs*

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

Since she was released I've been waiting for someone else to start a thread about Tessa. Thanks for starting it. I'm glad Raiya has continued to give use great characters. Are you using a shader system for your Octane renders, or are these direct conversions?

• shaneseymourstudioshaneseymourstudio Posts: 383
    edited June 2019
    xyer0 said:

Since she was released I've been waiting for someone else to start a thread about Tessa. Thanks for starting it. I'm glad Raiya has continued to give use great characters. Are you using a shader system for your Octane renders, or are these direct conversions?

It's direct conversion with a few tweaks namely:

Clear Cornea from the Octane DB (otherwise there is no reflection in eyes)

RedSpec TGX Hair

Raising roughness on the clothing as it comes in way too glossy

Lowering the bump for arms,face,legs,torso as it is way to high from auto conversion

Also I am using the latest available build for the Octane plugin.

xyer0 said:

RedSpec TGX Hair

Lowering the bump for arms,face,legs,torso as it is way to high from auto conversion

Thanks for the details. I'll try them. I do prefer the blacker skin, though.

• xyer0 said:
    xyer0 said:

RedSpec TGX Hair

Yeah the skin is so light because that is linear output. I didn't use any LUTs to bring back the skin. If you leave it set to "Neutral response - OFF" in Octane render settings it will be tonemapped and darker.
    xyer0 said:
    xyer0 said:

RedSpec TGX Hair

Yeah the skin is so light because that is linear output. I didn't use any LUTs to bring back the skin. If you leave it set to "Neutral response - OFF" in Octane render settings it will be tonemapped and darker.

Thanks so much!