Transfering Aiko 3 to Genesis with GenX and SRMS question

KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
edited December 1969 in New Users

There is a skating outfit with skates and poses for Aiko 3 on sale right now. If I can transfer aiko 3 to genesis and transfer the outfit with SRMS once it is converted to Genesis would you be able to use it on the morph paks by Zev0, meaning would it fit a child size Genesis? I have only converted a couple items so far and just curious if anyone with more experience could give any info. Or is there a new skating outfit with skates out for Genesis or G2.

this is for a project I have in mind

Comments

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 2013

If you have this product A3 and H3 Shapes for Genesis it will give you the A3 shape and auto fit for A3 clothing to any Genesis figure.

You should not need to use GenX and GenX for A3->Genesis requires the A3 and H3 Shapes for Genesis product to work anyway.

Post edited by mark128 on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

I have the shapes but I wondered if the outfit would then fit a child size genesis figure. I did buy the outfit already and guess I will try it out and see. I want to put some skating children on an outdoor pond.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Once you have the shapes installed, then Autofit should be able to get pretty close to an acceptable fit. Don't forget you also have Transfer Active Morphs and Smoothing Modifier as options if you need any fine tuning.

Note that sometimes you might need to select all the bits of the autofitted clothes (not just the root node) and manually tweak the morph dials — I've noticed sometimes the morphs break when they're transferred and won't conform to the figure automatically. I can usually get a good fit in the end, though.

edited December 1969

ok thanks for your input, I am hoping it works but if not they were only a dollar each and I do have Aiko 3 to use them on :)

• Leo ChenLeo Chen Posts: 697
    edited December 1969

mark128 said:
    If you have this product A3 and H3 Shapes for Genesis it will give you the A3 shape and auto fit for A3 clothing to any Genesis figure.

You should not need to use GenX and GenX for A3->Genesis requires the A3 and H3 Shapes for Genesis product to work anyway.

May I ask?
    1. Did you mean the "AUTOFIT" which comes with DS v4.6 is not GOOD ENOUGH?

2. With "A3 and H3 for Genesis", weather can I use "genesis clothes" on A3 figure (H3)?

edited December 2013

Once you have the shapes installed, then Autofit should be able to get pretty close to an acceptable fit. Don't forget you also have Transfer Active Morphs and Smoothing Modifier as options if you need any fine tuning.

Note that sometimes you might need to select all the bits of the autofitted clothes (not just the root node) and manually tweak the morph dials — I've noticed sometimes the morphs break when they're transferred and won't conform to the figure automatically. I can usually get a good fit in the end, though.

That's exeactly what I do.

Auto-Fit which comes with DS v4.6 is good but sometime simething will be wrong,
    especially after adding POSE.

Post edited by Leo Chen on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

mark128 said:

May I ask?

2. With "A3 and H3 for Genesis", weather can I use "genesis clothes" on A3 figure (H3)?

1. DS comes with autofit clones for the 4th Gen figures to Genesis. The 3rd Gen Iconic Shapes add autofit clones for those figures.

2. No, autofit only works for fitting to Triax (weight-mapped) figures, not for legacy parametric rigged figures.

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

mark128 said:

May I ask?

The AUTOFIT that comes with DS 4.6 requires a Genesis clone for the figure that clothes was designed for. When the AutoFit dialog comes up, there is a drop down menu where your select the figure the clothes was designed for. DS 4.6 with the Genesis start essentials does not include a clone for A3 or H3. If you have this product installed, then A3 and H3 will be added to the AutoFit dialog.

AutoFit in DAZ Studio does not work on Gen 4 or 3 figures. It allows clothing designed for Gen 4 or 3 (with this add on product) figures to be used on Genesis figures. There may be a clothing conversion product that would support this, but I'm not familiar with those.

edited December 1969

mark128 said:

May I ask?

1. DS comes with autofit clones for the 4th Gen figures to Genesis. The 3rd Gen Iconic Shapes add autofit clones for those figures.

2. No, autofit only works for fitting to Triax (weight-mapped) figures, not for legacy parametric rigged figures.

Thank you,fixmypcmike.

edited December 1969

mark128 said:

The AUTOFIT that comes with DS 4.6 requires a Genesis clone for the figure that clothes was designed for. When the AutoFit dialog comes up, there is a drop down menu where your select the figure the clothes was designed for. DS 4.6 with the Genesis start essentials does not include a clone for A3 or H3. If you have this product installed, then A3 and H3 will be added to the AutoFit dialog.

AutoFit in DAZ Studio does not work on Gen 4 or 3 figures. It allows clothing designed for Gen 4 or 3 (with this add on product) figures to be used on Genesis figures. There may be a clothing conversion product that would support this, but I'm not familiar with those.

Thank you, mark128.

edited December 1969

What I was really asking is once the A3 clothing is converted to Genesis using either autofit or SRMS can you use it on any Genesis figure such as basic child? I wanted to use the skating outfit and the skates on children. I guess I really didn't phrase my question correctly in the beginning, but on the other hand I learned a few things in all your answers so thank you for those :)

Also with GenX I know I can transfer morphs to Genesis and once they are transferred can they be used on any Genesis figure?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

Genesis Clothing is Genesis clothing. It will fit as well on the Child morph as it does on the Adult morphs. The Issue as noted is how well it fits in poses. So Test your Transfer and adjust as much as you can BEFORE you save it as a Genesis version. Nothing says you need to SAVE it right after the transfer, you can edit it with some tools as needed, like collision, before you do the save.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,823
    edited December 1969

One other thing to note, just in case you weren't aware: the dress should convert to Genesis via either Autofit or Transfer utility tolerably well, but the skates will not transfer over at all. I've tried autofit, I've tried weightmapping and transfer, I've tried the OBJ transfer method, I've tried weightmapping and rigging transfer. I've tried the A3 Aiko on Ice and V4 Arabesque from DAZ and the V4 Skating Outfit at sharecg.com. Nothing works. There aren't any ice skates out there, that I know of, that will work well with Genesis.

The closest thing that I know of that will work is the Carhop for Genesis Female which has roller skates that should work on any Genesis figure.

edited December 1969

Jaderail, thank you for that information, I actually did think you had to save first then do adjustments after, now I know different :)

vwrangler: thank you for letting me know about the skates, I am disappointed that they won't work, but I guess I will have to put a plea out to the PA's and see if any will take the challenge to make some. In the meantime I just may have to use Aiko 3 as is