i need to read duf files

I need to be able to take info off a duf file for a character i have in a scene.  I havent updated to 4.11 yet due to sme errors i have seen.  I have 4.10 for now.  Anyways, DAZ now cant load ANY of my previous scenes that have a g8 female in it.  it literally hangs...and is unresponsive.  i even left it hanging to see it it would clear for an hour....  this is BS. 

I was able to load a full g8 with all the morphs, but it does take forever to load her now.  none of my scnees are corrupted, i even loaded it from backups that i keep, but again all my scenes with g8 are not working.  the g8 character is fine as i stated before i was able to load her; albeit a longer load time.

So i need to be able to look in the duf file for some of them to get the morphs off a character i have embedded in a scene file, and i KNOW ITS POSSIBLE.  so please provide me witha good viewer to view this please.

Thanks.

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

If I havbe an issue (usually it has been to do with LAMH) I take a copy of the .duf file, decompress it (I use WinRAR) and delve into the 'revelaed' text file to make changes.  DS can then either read teh plain text version (remember to name it .duf) or you can re-compress (again, remember to rename teh compressed file as .duf)

• Singular3DSingular3D Posts: 498

DUF files are often zipped, so you should unzip them with 7zip first. Then I use Notepad++ (free and Open Source) to read the file.

• You can also use the DSON object in Daz Script to load the file (using DzGZFile to handle compression).

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

There is a Batch Process Tab in Daz Studio that can compress and decompress duf files