Daz Yourself: Render a 3D version of you

Render a 3d version of yourself and post it here! Do a simple portrait, or a render of you at work, doing something you enjoy, or having fun in your dreamland. You can start with a figure that already look like you where you just need to tweak it a bit, or you might have to start from scratch. Whatever the case, have fun!

Here's me using EJ Anders Deluxe Pack for Genesis 8 Male as the base and tweaking it a bit. It looks like me about 90%. I might go back and redo it, but I'm okay with this one. Took me a few days before coming up with something I was happy with. So be patient when doing yours.

Comments

• RobbyBobbyRobbyBobby Posts: 325
    edited June 2019

This a card that I did to announce that the hubby and I were moving (again).  We moved to Florida from New England.

Moving (Again).jpg
    1050 x 840 - 134K
    IMG_0215.JPG
    960 x 720 - 173K
    Post edited by RobbyBobby on
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764
    edited June 2019

You should post a real life photo for comparision

This is the Genesis 2 male as me.

Post edited by wolf359 on
  • ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    Me, just dont bother with "is that really you?;can you provide real photo?" AND YES IM MARRIED.
    BelieveItOrNotThatIsMe.PNG
    474 x 659 - 504K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575

...I prefer to portray the spirit hiding behind the mask.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817
    edited June 2019

I used to do 3D versions of myself in many of my videos but now I prefer to just hide behind other players as producer 

last one featuring me was when I shaved my head last year

2CAC9D08-3482-4133-B658-01829D2D94BE.jpeg
    558 x 833 - 111K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    wolf359 said:

That is amazing!

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2019
    kyoto kid said:

...I prefer to portray the spirit hiding behind the mask.

Best response EVER!

Post edited by AnotherUserName on
  • AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    wolf359 said:

Yah, excellent work wolf!

• XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426
    edited June 2019

@RobbyBobby. That's a cool idea. Great job.

@wolf359 .Wow, awesome job! For a second I thought it was an action figure!

@Zilvergrafix. Cool. And don't worry, no one has to post their real image for comparison. I don't like to post pictures of me, so this was an alternative version to try out.

@kyoto kid That's cool, that's cool. :)

@kyoto kid. No problem. If you still want to give it a shot, maybe come out with creative ways to cover your head but still show doing your favorite hobby, working, hanging out at your favorite place. Or even your alter ego!

@Wendy_Carrara. That looks so cool. I checked out some of your videos, very interesting and entertaining.

@Novica. I agree. :)

@AnotherUserName. I agree as well. :)

Thank you all for those renders and comments. Keep them coming!

Post edited by XpiderMan on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817

I post lots of pictures of me just usually younger pictures of me,

I am 57 and my Facebook profile picture is me at 18 cheeky

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698

These are super old.  The first is a dial spun Vicki 3 (I think), the next two are good old Apollo Max, and the final one is Nursoda's Hein.

digijoe.jpg
    600 x 800 - 150K
    joequick_600.jpg
    375 x 600 - 44K
    joe.jpg
    646 x 630 - 197K
    redux.jpg
    500 x 800 - 342K
    edited June 2019

Thanks @Xpiderman  & @Novica
    That is a custom sculpt developed over several weeks with 
    MODO
    I make create own Character morphs and clothing allowing me to support whatever generation of Genesis I prefer (G-1,2,3).

Here is another wearing one of My custom clothing peices

king.jpg
    930 x 1080 - 83K
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,154

I post lots of pictures of me just usually younger pictures of me,

I am 57 and my Facebook profile picture is me at 18 cheeky

punches Wendy in the arm....  Hey girl we are the same age... Hwo cool!  though you have aged much better thanI .. That is why you never see any pictures of me & why i keep black clothes drapped over my mirrors..J/K .lol

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

This a card that I did to announce that the hubby and I were moving (again).  We moved to Florida from New England.

This is really nice!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited June 2019

Those are all good. I would like to develop for myself sculpting / modeling talent like JoeQuick & Wolf359 have. I will try to summarize the difficulties I've had as a non-modeler to do such a render. Given that I used materials generated by computer algorithms or items bought in the DAZ Store I think the results are good but not as good as these new deep learning AI deep fakes that have famous people like Rasputin singing Beyonce songs in animations.

I have tried a few times, using FaceGen, not only me but others as well. My results were best in FaceGen when I took pictures with me that were reasonably suitable by FaceGen to use to generate a texture set from FaceGen's own generic texture set which it combined by some sort of mathematical madness with the RedzStudio Tyrone for Darius 8 albino texture set and the 2 photographs I took. The process tends to make the person in the picture look younger because adding white hair here & there and deeper wrinkles in places needs modeling / material set manipulations to be done.The results are OK, but as I lack the ability or 'patience' to use the Genesis 8 facerig to pose sculpt the faces to use expressions as the people in them characteristically make I think the results are just middling. 

The photos used by FaceGen were taken in October 2017 as I was trying to get a passport photo made for my new passport & Indian Visa for a trip I was making in March 2018. The actual photo was made in March 2018 with my sister's Android phone, which cost a scary amount of rupees but was actually about $200 (still not chump change but 3D hobbyists typically spend more than that per year on their hobby).

In this render, from March 30 2018, were used a high contrast lighting in a dark atmosphere are used to try and hide tale-tale details (big time cinema and video games use the same trick), the eyes looking like glass completely give away the render as 3D model. The skin also looks somewhat orange peel in texture to myself as a good photographer or a good consumer camera would likely blur that sort of detail for a portrait. For what it's worth, the bumpiness textures used of the render doesn't match mine (I can't model) but taken from another character, I believe in this case it is Phx Jesse for Michael 8 by Phoenix 66. LOL, I'm such a clutz with Surfaces I think it unintentionally / intentionally includes portions of the normal/displacement/bump/spectral/glossiness maps from Tyrone for Darius 8, Lucas for G8M, and the already mentioned Phx Jesse for Michael 8. Another thing I did was use the albino Tyrone for Darius 8 as the translucent color texture instead of the FaceGen generated texture because the texture set FaceGen generated wound up being too red (eg it exaggerated the skin redness and the purple tiredness bruising on the generated texture set all out of proportion to what the original photographs and mirror told me was present). The actual photo of me appears more orange than my skin does in real life so it's not like photos are more accurate with colors necessarily. Or maybe the skin is reflecting the color of the Indian Courtyard and time of day we were in at the time (that would make sense)?

Lighthouse II.png
    1280 x 1280 - 2M
    Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    edited June 2019

I took pictures with me that were reasonably suitable by 

FaceGen to use to generate a texture set from FaceGen's 

own generic texture set which it combined by some sort 

of mathematical madness with the RedzStudio Tyrone for 

Darius 8 albino texture set and the 2 photographs I took

I confess this has been a bit of an "obsession" for me since my Poser 4,5,6 Days.
    My plan is to live vicariously through my Avatar
    ,in animated films, here in my encroaching doteage (55.5yrs)

Here is My old Daz Millenuim man 2 version, yearsbefore I learned how to model/sculpt.
    this one  is pure dial spinning with the old "Boris for Mike2"  morphs by capsces.

Like nonesuch, My biggest challenge has been textures,both skin and eyes.

I am a very light skinned black person with many 
    X Chromosonal recessive traits ( Hazel-green eyes ,blond beard highlights, freckles )
     ,often mistaken by people for being of mixed race parentage.

Daz merchants tend to go Full "Sub-Saharan African,"with Black Male Characters
    ( See Darious 6-7 etc),
    leaving us "Middle grounders" with few preset options

My current Genesis 2 Avatar is using the Old "Sol Elite" for M4 skin maps with my hand painted freckles and my eyes are physically Stolen as smart props from the "Bryn" 

for Jessie "Character By "Shahara" for the long forgotten Poser 6 female.  

AVATARMASS EFFECT MIKE 2VERSION A.png
    800 x 514 - 679K
    wolf359 said:

I took pictures with me that were reasonably suitable by 

FaceGen to use to generate a texture set from FaceGen's 

own generic texture set which it combined by some sort 

of mathematical madness with the RedzStudio Tyrone for 

Darius 8 albino texture set and the 2 photographs I took

I confess this has been a bit of an "obsession" for me since my Poser 4,5,6 Days.
    My plan is to live vicariously through my Avatar
    ,in animated films, here in my encroaching doteage (55.5yrs)

Here is My old Daz Millenuim man 2 version, yearsbefore I learned how to model/sculpt.
    this one  is pure dial spinning with the old "Boris for Mike2"  morphs by capsces.

Like nonesuch, My biggest challenge has been textures,both skin and eyes.

I am a very light skinned black person with many 
    X Chromosonal recessive traits ( Hazel-green eyes ,blond beard highlights, freckles )
     ,often mistaken by people for being of mixed race parentage.

Daz merchants tend to go Full "Sub-Saharan African,"with Black Male Characters
    ( See Darious 6-7 etc),
    leaving us "Middle grounders" with few preset options

My current Genesis 2 Avatar is using the Old "Sol Elite" for M4 skin maps with my hand painted freckles and my eyes are physically Stolen as smart props from the "Bryn" 

for Jessie "Character By "Shahara" for the long forgotten Poser 6 female.  

That is awesome example. You are 6 months older than me but somehow I don't think I will catch up to your current skills levels in 6 months time. laughGood technical skills are mostly obsessive I guess.

• LuckBeLuckBe Posts: 93
    edited June 2019

I used to do one of these every time I felt like I'd "leveled up" in DS skills. I've been meaning to do a new one in Iray for a while now. I got lucky and found a skin texture set (MostDigitalCreations) that pretty well reflected the real me, but now that I've moved on to Genesis 8 I'll have to find a new one!

First one is 2012 (21), second is 2013 (22), and third is 2015 (24).

oh____hello_____deviantid__by_luck_be_d5hjrw9-fullview.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 93K
    bright_ideas__self_portrait__by_luck_be_d6yyvor-fullview.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 107K
    d8ux03t-dede4925-922f-488c-a99e-fd1a5c99fdf8.png
    1333 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by LuckBe on
    LuckBe said:

I used to do one of these every time I felt like I'd "leveled up" in DS skills. I've been meaning to do a new one in Iray for a while now. I got lucky and found a skin texture set (MostDigitalCreations) that pretty well reflected the real me, but now that I've moved on to Genesis 8 I'll have to find a new one!

First one is 2012 (21), second is 2013 (22), and third is 2015 (24).

OMG, that last one looks like my house I'm trying to DIY! laugh You think DAZ Stores is expensive? Not!

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited June 2019

Here's me or as close as dial spinning will get me.

My new dress.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by carrie58 on
    carrie58 said:

nice toon

• Hatsune MikuHatsune Miku Posts: 849

Me and Family :)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    carrie58 said:

nice toon

Thanks @nonesuch00

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Actually, I think my avatar is a reasonable approximation of myself, if I were a bird.

3dcgx said:

Nice. What city is that?

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    edited June 2019

Apparently I do not have permission to upload files.

Nevermind. The older guy is pretty accurate if you squint real hard. I have no photos of myself for the same reason I have no mirrors in my house.
    I'm a evil, bloodsucking monster.

No, I don't work for the IRS, don't be insulting.

Coming Soon 001.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Petercat on
  • Hatsune MikuHatsune Miku Posts: 849
    3dcgx said:

Nice. What city is that?

It's San Diego California vacation trip we went this year, we live in Taiwan
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582
    edited July 2019

Obviously, not the "real" me as I try to be cautious about revealing my visage online, but here's a 3D version of my avatar photo, a costume motif I wore several times at Dragon*Con, an Atlanta based, genre spanning convention.  (In case anybody is wondering, no, I've never been to an exclusively "furry" convention.)  Despite the fanciful nature of the character, the clothing is close to what I actually wear, in cooler weather, anyway, considering the jacket.  Even the glasses are similar to what I actually own.

The base figure is "Micah" for Hiro 3 using the "Furries for..." morphs and the "Fisher Cat" textures.  The disheveled "mane" is an old freebie by MayaX and the setting is one supplied with Poser.

Sincerely,

Bill

Furry-Bill-J-1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 101K
    Post edited by Redfern on
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,983
    edited July 2019

pretty cool    _yes

all of them +

Post edited by ed3D on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    Redfern said:

Obviously, not the "real" me as I try to be cautious about revealing my visage online, but here's a 3D version of my avatar photo, a costume motif I wore several times at Dragon*Con, an Atlanta based, genre spanning convention.  (In case anybody is wondering, no, I've never been to an exclusively "furry" convention.)  Despite the fanciful nature of the character, the clothing is close to what I actually wear, in cooler weather, anyway, considering the jacket.  Even the glasses are similar to what I actually own.

The base figure is "Micah" for Hiro 3 using the "Furries for..." morphs and the "Fisher Cat" textures.  The disheveled "mane" is an old freebie by MayaX and the setting is one supplied with Poser.

Sincerely,

Bill

...love it.