Ellithia 8

Another G8 female character. Honestly don't know what to make of her. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

The store seems to be having trouble with her. She's only popping up when I select my "deal."

• Payat ParinPayat Parin Posts: 980

Give it a little bit of time till the site settles down. She is meant to be some sort a Greek goddess. I am not sure the facial features would justify that. I like the braids for sure.

• LosingSignalLosingSignal Posts: 409

Several of the promos on the main page and the Ellithia Base Figure are sporting some cringeworthy makeup.  Aside from that... yeah, not getting a real feel for her.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited June 2019

And why is a PC+ item in the Pro Bundle?  I did a double take when I looked at the Pro contents and one was grayed out! I was thinking, "HOW could I already own a just-now-newly- released product?"

https://www.daz3d.com/salwar-kameez-jasmine

Post edited by Novica on
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,650
    edited June 2019

Am I the only one who sees it saying "his" at the top of the sale page? 

trans character.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 356K
    Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596

I'm impressed that G8 has had way more mature ladies and gentleman this time round. I think she is great. Though I just don't see a need after buying the last few mature ladies over the last couple years. 

LOL good catch!  @zombietaggerung

Oops. ;-)

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,688

A beautiful woman of a certain age. Face and body morphs look distinctive enough to set her apart in the Core pack. Product page promos are exquisite, excellently done, and show her in a flattering light. Core character link is missing from Pro Bundle page (erroneously replaced by Salwar Kameez Jasmine). Outfits mostly useless to me, but seem well-done by the usual suspects. SamSil gives us some braids WITH MORPHS! Merci!

Welcome back, to Bluebird 3d, who has a byline on Iron Warrior. Silver is now known as Jessaii.

Novica said:

LOL good catch!  @zombietaggerung

Hey, if those are his prefered pronouns, I'm OK with that. :D

• greysgreys Posts: 335

She's not listed as part of her own Pro or Starter Bundle, strangely...

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 16.27.19.png
    2110 x 984 - 3M
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    xyer0 said:

Silver is now known as Jessaii.

Something about that name change was not handled correctly in the store. There are items in Silver/Jessaii's store that I know I own that the store shows as unowned.

Ellithia's HD is interesting. According to the promos, it does a lot with her face, has a noticeable effect on her torso, and does not much of anything anywhere else.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2019

Pride month = transgender figure cheeky

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • MescalinoMescalino Posts: 431

I like her. Cant wait to see the first user renders pop up.

vwrangler said:
    xyer0 said:

Silver is now known as Jessaii.

Something about that name change was not handled correctly in the store. There are items in Silver/Jessaii's store that I know I own that the store shows as unowned.

Ellithia's HD is interesting. According to the promos, it does a lot with her face, has a noticeable effect on her torso, and does not much of anything anywhere else.

I came back to comment on the lack of usual hand close-ups for the HD, which lack-of-evidently must be as featureless as the feet.

The store is doing its thing and malfunctioning again...

• I got the Pro bundle down to $37.03 with the 4 add-ons plus Victoria birthday coupon. That's about the right price for me. Also, I got a $70 free stuff banner since I own too much Daz stuff.

She's an attractive lady. Greek/Mediterranean goddess is a type I can buy over and over.

I like the hairs. The outfits, I don't need so much. Iron Warrior is the one I'd probably use the most.

• That happens a lot when the store is first reset for the day. As the data populates, the prices will appear. They'll still function if you add something to the car, but it will show N.aN as the price on the item's store page until it settles.

The store is doing its thing and malfunctioning again...

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

The pro bundle problem has been reported.

I got the Pro bundle down to $37.03 with the 4 add-ons plus Victoria birthday coupon. That's about the right price for me. Also, I got a $70 free stuff banner since I own too much Daz stuff.

She's an attractive lady. Greek/Mediterranean goddess is a type I can buy over and over.

I like the hairs. The outfits, I don't need so much. Iron Warrior is the one I'd probably use the most.

@The Blurst of Times Buy a gift card with today's coupon (check Messages), and use it to buy the cart to get even more savings!

Which one? It has now shot up in price to over 77.00!

I had the Victoria Banner and four items, etc, and it was the correct 37.03 like Blurst Of Times had it, but didn't check out, and now the cart is crazy.

Also, where is the selection of daz originals that the banner people are supposed to be able to choose from for their freebies? The link in the banner simply goes to the Pro Bundle/Starter Bundle etc page.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

It's in process (pro bundle) so please give it time.

Novica said:

Which one? It has now shot up in price to over 77.00!

I had the Victoria Banner and four items, etc, and it was the correct 37.03 like Blurst Of Times had it, but didn't check out, and now the cart is crazy.

Also, where is the selection of daz originals that the banner people are supposed to be able to choose from for their freebies? The link in the banner simply goes to the Pro Bundle/Starter Bundle etc page.

I believe this: https://www.daz3d.com/daz-original-animals-creatures-places-and-things is the selection to choose freebies from.

It's fixed.

I believe this: https://www.daz3d.com/daz-original-animals-creatures-places-and-things is the selection to choose freebies from.

Makes sense. Thanks!

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

i've got only a "$50" discount cupon yeah it's seens which all the crazy money i've expend in these past days only give me the "middle bonus".

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

Well, to everyopne's surprise, it's another very white female.  I was really hoping we'd have a new base with a more ethnic look given the name, though at least some of the add-on characters hit the mark.  A totally so-so Pro bundle, although the only really awful item is the Iron Warrio0r armopr... I mean, armor that covers everyplace EXCEPT the ones where a snjgle sword or arrow penetration can kill you?  Someone at DAZ must REALLY hate women. 

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390
    Cybersox said:

Well, to everyopne's surprise, it's another very white female.  I was really hoping we'd have a new base with a more ethnic look given the name, though at least some of the add-on characters hit the mark.  A totally so-so Pro bundle, although the only really awful item is the Iron Warrio0r armopr... I mean, armor that covers everyplace EXCEPT the ones where a snjgle sword or arrow penetration can kill you?  Someone at DAZ must REALLY hate women. 

well to be fair my only big complaing still on the infamous high heels, while they can make a woman look more beautfull for a "armor they are terrible to walk and fight, even anime and mangas which does have a lot of skimp armor for females at last try to avoid use "high heels" on the females feet because they know how bad it can be for a "practic combat use".

• Daz extra discounts on Genesis 8 bundles are dropping substantially. In the beginning you would have two Gen7 pro bundles for free. Then they were giving 40% off. In the last ones, $90 of discount on old products. And now only $70, only $30 more than the regular discount.

I'm curious to know how much this is working, if users are buying in the same rhythm that they were before. I stopped buying when they changed the discount over the new bundle for this credit on old products. Ellithia is a great character, but the offer is not very nice.

edited June 2019

@brunocesarrr  I have to laugh at your avatar- don't ever change it!  It matches the mood of your post actually lol!

To answer your question, it does get harder and harder to find things for the freebies when a lot of it is repeats. And yep, I got the 70.00 too. But with the 20% Victoria Birthday still in play (different ones were released different times I think, some people had a different one a week or so sooner than the one I currently have I think) the prices are really appealing. 

Post edited by Novica on