Can't locate figure in Daz

I recently switched from using Poser to Daz. A figure (LoREZ Dogs) that was working fine in Poser is not showing up in Daz.In Install Manager it appears the product was installed. Install Manager shows me two packages that were installed (LoREZ Dogs and LoREZ Dogs StudioCF). In the Content Library inside DAZ I can find LoREZ Dogs StudioCF, which contains all the materials. But I can't find the actual Actor. I looked everywhere, but am unable to find the actual LoREZ Dog actor.

Thanks for any help!

Anne

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,211

DAZ Studio keeps the Poser-format products in a separate area in the library. You need to set up the Poser Formats folder in the Content Directory Manager to point to the folder with the Runtime. Normally it would be the same folder as the DAZ Studio formats, but you have to specify it. Then look for your Poser content in the Poser Formats branch of the Content Library tab, which should have the familiar Poser folder structure.

• AnneWertheimAnneWertheim Posts: 135

I believe I have set up the Poser Formats folder in the Content Directory Manager. 

I uninstalled the LoREZ dog, deleted it and reinstalled it via DAZ Install Manager. I can locate everything in the appropriate folder on my hard drive. But I still can't find it inside of DAZ, even inside of Content Library > Poser Formats. Other installed objects (for example "DAZEagle) are showing up inside the Content Library. I am attaching a screenshot of my folder hyrachie, which shows the installed LoRez Animals folder, which contains the dog I need.

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 9.40.49 AM.png
    1255 x 935 - 372K
    Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 9.46.04 AM.png
    519 x 594 - 54K
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited June 2019

In that first picture it looks like you are clicked on Geometries ,try clicking on Libraries then Figures and then Animals you should find the P3DA folder there

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,211

It's true what carrie58 said, but I suspect that the Libraries folder will indeed have the necessary files. What is missing is having that Daz_Install_Manager path as part of the Poser Formats section also, like it is in the DAZ Studio Formats section.

• AnneWertheimAnneWertheim Posts: 135

The first picture just shows the folders how they show up in my finder, not DAZ........

Oops - I just found it. Sorry, didn't look closely enough. Thanks for the help!