New Users Contest >> December 2013

Comments

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Nice renders everyone, great work :-)

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

stargazey said:
    'Hope I'm doing this right, as it's the first time I've tried to attach an image or enter a contest here!
    This was done in DAZ Studio 4.6, with a little post work in Photoshop. The figures, clothing, teddy bear and stool are from DAZ, and the rest of the scene is made up from various freebies.

Very nice stargazey. Welcome to the New Users Contest Forum.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

I just wanted to say that everyone has created some very nice cards...I am enjoying looking .....Trish

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

@ mcjam24 if you want a decorated tree Mec4D has one on her site for free until the end of this month! I have no idea if you have to be a registered user to get the tree, but worth a try :-). Hope this will help a little and I think once you see it you will fall in love...lol ! If anyone else wants a tree it is there until the end of the month :-). Just google Mec4D.

I just love looking at everyone's renders.....you all are doing a great job!!

edited December 2013

Ok I got mine done it took forever to render....front and inside.....Trish p.s. I should probably say I did the lettering in paint.net

inside_card1a.jpg
    800 x 600 - 278K
    Cat_xmas1ab.jpg
    998 x 656 - 525K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • Mcjam24Mcjam24 Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

@islandgurl31 thanks I'll have to check it out

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

NICE work here folks, I seeing too much BAH HUMBUG though. Need MORE users to post pretty please, with sugar plums on top.

edited December 1969

@ mcjam24 if you want a decorated tree Mec4D has one on her site for free until the end of this month! I have no idea if you have to be a registered user to get the tree, but worth a try :-). Hope this will help a little and I think once you see it you will fall in love...lol ! If anyone else wants a tree it is there until the end of the month :-). Just google Mec4D.

I just love looking at everyone's renders.....you all are doing a great job!!

Thank you for the tip. It is a lovely tree.

edited December 1969

Ok I got mine done it took forever to render....front and inside.....Trish p.s. I should probably say I did the lettering in paint.net

Great card Trish. Nice work on the inside of the card.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    NICE work here folks, I seeing too much BAH HUMBUG though. Need MORE users to post pretty please, with sugar plums on top.

Merry Christmas Jaderail.

Maybe the reason there aren't a lot of posts is because we are working so hard on entries? Or possibly shoveling the driveway. ;-)

• TobiasGTobiasG Posts: 447
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Merry Christmas Jaderail.

Maybe the reason there aren't a lot of posts is because we are working so hard on entries? Or possibly shoveling the driveway. ;-)

Well, personally, I'm doing frantic last-minute christmas shopping, gift-wrapping, dinner planning… :)

edited December 2013

Thank you Kismet

chohole:I want to know how you made your printing look like real gold

I just want to say Merry Christmas to all !!! Its almost here.....Trish

Post edited by Trish on
  • islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

You are welcome mcjam24 and Kismet2012. I so do love that tree...lol... :-) !

edited December 1969

Aaaand… Merry Christmas!

(00:03 where I am)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,385
    edited December 1969

TobiasG said:
    Aaaand… Merry Christmas!

On Christmas Eve, surely? It's only the 23rd here (for another hour).

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Thank you Kismet

chohole:I want to know how you made your printing look like real gold

I just want to say Merry Christmas to all !!! Its almost here.....Trish

Photoshop Layer styles. I love playing around with layer styles. I have some free ones, some purchased ones and a great many that I made myself.

edited December 1969

TobiasG said:
    Aaaand… Merry Christmas!

On Christmas Eve, surely? It's only the 23rd here (for another hour).

Well, past midnight on the 24th. :)

edited December 1969

Merry Christmas Tobias.

It is still Christmas Eve here.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,113
    edited December 1969

The card is made with Bryce.
    For the inside I applied a watercolor frame on the image and added the text.

greetings_inside.jpg
    793 x 546 - 56K
    greetings.jpg
    793 x 546 - 107K
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Everyone's doing a great job! Looks like a great deal of creativity and effort is going into each of these. :)

edited December 1969

That is a wonderful card abdc. Nice to see a Bryce user participating.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

That is a wonderful card abdc. Nice to see a Bryce user participating.

I second that.

edited December 1969

I find myself at a crossroads of sorts. As my father lies in hospital bed, with more and more tubes being pushed into him everyday now, I struggled to make that connection with my piece that I started with. A few times I said to myself that it was a silly little piece of art for a silly little contest. Magic at Christmas? If that were true my father would be breathing on his own, his kidneys would be doing their job, and he wouldn't have burns from the paddles being used to keep his heart beating true.

And yet, for the first time in many years all my family is gathering in one spot. For the first time in many more years, no one is bickering. Instead, we are there for each other. While things have been tough and emotional, its been tempered by the fact that my family is together and finding comfort in being together.

Magic at Christmas? It exists and it IS family. And with that magic comes hope. A hope, much like a little girl waiting to see what Santa is bringing, it may not be what she was wanting, but it will be what she's needing. That silly little piece I've done, and indeed many of the pieces I've seen this month, have reaffirmed that there is indeed magic at Christmas time.

I thank you all for giving me reminders that there is joy and happiness, even in the gloom.

Merry Christmas to all
    Jason

Inside.jpg
    800 x 800 - 70K
    DecemberContestWIP12.jpg
    800 x 800 - 567K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

mcjam24 Best wishes all I can offer, but those you do have.

edited December 1969

I'll add my best wishes as well Jason.

edited December 1969

Jason: My thoughts and prayers are with you.....Trish

edited December 1969

Thank you all,

edited December 1969

@mcjam24: My best wishes to you and yours!

Here's the inside part of my card.

XMas_Inside2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 290K
    edited December 1969

TobiasG: very nice......don't forget everyone to move your finished cards to the entry thread........Trish

• firefly43firefly43 Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

Everyone has done really nice jobs on the cards. Faced some home "challenges" that have kept me too busy this month to work on the monthly challenge. I still have a few days, so I will check to see if I actually have anything in my library that would be suitable for a Christmas card. If not, then there is always next month,

Still working on my texture from last months challenge and I'm still learning all kinds of new things with that one!! LOL. I just got a wee bit too creative with that one for my own good .... but I have learned so many new things with it! I still plan to post it when I am done even though the challenge is over and am looking forward to everyone telling me what is good and bad about it! Better late then never right?!.

I really do enjoy doing these, life just sometimes gets in my way :). I have not given up though .... just been delayed.

I will try to find a way to put a card together, but really am not sure if I even have any Christmas props. BUT ... Good Luck to everyone who has one posted! They all look really good, I am sure the they will have a hard time picking a winner!

OH I forgot .. silly me .... MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Post edited by firefly43 on