4.11 not using 100% of GPU?

I just downloaded the 4.11 version after previously using the 4.11 beta.  When I render a scene on 4.11 GPU-Z tells me that it's only using 60-70% of the RTX2080, but when I do the same scene in 4.11b it tells me I'm using 100% of the GPU (and the render finishes faster too).  Is anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• banpei said:

I just downloaded the 4.11 version after previously using the 4.11 beta.  When I render a scene on 4.11 GPU-Z tells me that it's only using 60-70% of the RTX2080, but when I do the same scene in 4.11b it tells me I'm using 100% of the GPU (and the render finishes faster too).  Is anyone else seeing this?

Have the same, beta (366) is much faster then the public release for me. So I save the scene and render in beta.

BR // Daniel

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075
    edited June 2019

@banpei , @Da_green1977_aa156fc426

This isn't my experience. GPU-Z shows 99% GPU Load for my GTX 980TI in both the release and beta versions of 4.11. Render times are identical as I would expect being the latest Beta and the General release.

I would suspect that render settings are not quite the same in your versions.

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • TojiroTojiro Posts: 61

It's the same file, so if render settings are getting changed when opened in Beta versus the release then wouldn't that be a bigger issue?

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075
    edited June 2019

@banpei

If you have changed Render Settings from the defaults in the release version, they won't have transferred to the Beta version. Same for workspace layouts and preferences etc, unless you copy the DAZ3d folder from the release to the beta.

That is, the Beta installs with all default settings, layout, workspace and so forth.

Post edited by fastbike1 on