Daz 4.10 to 4.11 broke diffeomorphic blender plugin?

glossedsfmglossedsfm Posts: 329

Hi,

I just started using the diffeomorphic daz to blender plugin about two days ago.  Yesterday i upgraded my Daz studio from 4.10 to 4.11 and now i cant open the .duf files in blender.  I can open .duf files in blender if they were saved when i still had 4.10, but i cant open the one that was made with 4.11.  Is it common for Daz revision changes to break plugins? or does that only happen with certain ones. The options for the plugin were still in 4.11 when i opened it up for the first time, and when i reinstalled the plugin again it still wont work.  When opening up 4.11 for the first time I did get a new error message i have not gotten before and it was about a valid postgresql cms something. 

Post edited by glossedsfm on

Comments

• I'm not aware of any change that could trigger this - does the importer give any meaningful error? Or is the rror occurring in DS? It's not at all clear.

• glossedsfmglossedsfm Posts: 329

I only get one error message in DS and its when i first start it up.  No error when i save and when i use the plugins "export basic data" which saves to a .json and is supposed to accompany the .duf

https://i.imgur.com/GA85tsx.jpg

For Blender this is the error message i get when i try to import.  Could it be that i need to change the directories that it looks for? when using the DIM to update a DS revision does it install to the existing DS directories or does it make a brand new one?

https://i.imgur.com/xkm9zc7.jpg

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764

To be fair Daz is Not responsible for maintaining compatibility with
    unofficial third party plugins.

Perhaps you should contact Thomas Larson and inform him
    that he  may need to update his plugin fo DS 4.11

edited June 2019
    wolf359 said:

To be fair Daz is Not responsible for maintaining compatibility with
    unofficial third party plugins.

Perhaps you should contact Thomas Larson and inform him
    that he  may need to update his plugin fo DS 4.11

Yes i know that, i posted on here to see if any other daz USERS had this problem and found a solution to it.  It wasn't directed only at admin or people who work for Daz. 

Post edited by glossedsfm on
  • The PostgreSQL error in DS means that the database engine used by the Content Management System, PostgreSQL, is missing or incommunicado - if this persists check that it is sntalled, and that your security software isn't blocking it.

• I have seen this error message with scenes exported from DS 4.10.  It came up for me when using the mport Daz plugin on a scene including a geoshell, I suspect because Blender doesn't really have a directly equivalent construct (you could perhaps use vertex groups and material definitions to get the functionality).  That may not be the only situation in which the error is thrown.

I hacked the code to bypass the error for my own purposes, though it's really not a fix - it just suppresses the error, though it didn't cause any subsequent problems in Blender (other than the geoshell is missing). 

I wonder if you are using the latest development version of the plugin.  I have just downloaded this and the code appears to have been modified to prevent the error occuring in a slightly different manner to my hack.  So you might want to try that if you aren't already using the latest dev version.

It came up for me when using the mport Daz plugin on a scene including a geoshell, I suspect because Blender doesn't really have a directly equivalent construct (you could perhaps use vertex groups and material definitions to get the functionality). 

Thats what it was...whats weird though is I was working with the same model a few days ago and it was fine right? but in the last day or two i must have been messing with it in Daz and i turned the shell visibility back on.  I know for sure it was off a few days ago.  The shell visibility turned on in Daz would cause the error message in Blender.  But with the shell visibility turned off in Daz i would not get any error message in Blender.  Me updating from 4.10 to 4.11 just made me think that it was the cause but looks like it wasnt.