Beautify your renders using LUT LookUp Tables NEW End-of-May '22 version!

mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,601
edited May 2022 in Freebies

BE THE FIRST ON YOUR STREET TO GET ONE

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjlut

mcjLUT is a free script and PC/Mac plugin for Daz Studio which lets you re-colorize images using the many .cube LookupTable files found on the net.

i know all this can be done in Photoshop or Premiere but this lets you do it in the comfort of Daz Studio

and there's a Movie !!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PwckmJfybk

July 2021 

July 21st 2021 fixed an issue with mcjLUTB :  your specific output filename was ignored and automatic filenames were used instead

July 21st 2021 added mcjCubeLUTNormalizer script  to fix problematic .cube LUTs (example the 13 free shutterstock LUTs

praummm.jpg
182 x 182 - 12K
smframe2.jpg
888 x 658 - 86K
smframe1b.jpg
888 x 499 - 48K
smframe1.jpg
888 x 499 - 51K
godiva0.jpg
888 x 499 - 80K
biglutpromo.jpg
960 x 960 - 139K
forlut2022.jpg
960 x 960 - 173K
Post edited by mCasual on

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,209

LOL loved the movie...lilked subscribed and commented. Thank you for this.

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,586

Nice on re-colorize will use. Thank you, I would like a script to use the intel free denoiser from inside daz studio. >>https://openimagedenoise.github.io/

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,601
    edited June 2019

yes i will do that tonight

the only hurdle is that the user will need to install imagemagick 

because intel's denoiser only accepts .pfm ( like the famous Italian Prog Rock band of the 70's )

and only produces .pfm images

here's the commands that will be remotely run by mcjIntelDenoise

convert noisy.jpg -endian LSB noisy.pfm
    denoise -ldr noisy.pfm -o noisyOut.pfm
    convert noisyOut.pfm noisyOut.jpg

========================

convert is one of the utilities in the imagemagick pack

in my case it's equivalent to c:\imagemagick\convert.exe

========================

I will try to let users customize the way the denoise and convert process are done, in case people want to do weird (just kidding it's totally normal ) things like denoise HDR images

my proof of concept test works well ... opps not that well ... part of the images doesnt look denoised dangit

Nice on re-colorize will use. Thank you, I would like a script to use the intel free denoiser from inside daz studio. >>https://openimagedenoise.github.io/

denoyzed.jpg
    1402 x 596 - 477K
    edited June 2019

i'll post it later tonight

i have to understand the optional parameters which may be the cause for the incomplete de-noising

alternateuniverses.jpg
    698 x 584 - 207K
    edited June 2019

so it works but  i have to find a way to let advanced users use the albedo and normal maps

specitglam.png
    1600 x 1080 - 2M

Thank you your scripts are always great!!

edited June 2019

it's pretty miraculous

your scripts are always great!!

miramira.jpg
    1920 x 2160 - 3M

Saves on render time! Seriously, Daz should include this the nvidia built in one is not as good.

edited June 2019

it's ready

i only tested it on my Windows PC but i'd say chances it works with Mac are high

i will test on my macBook tomorrow or tonight

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjdenoise

Saves on render time! Seriously, Daz should include this the nvidia built in one is not as good.

mcjDenoise.dsa.png
    182 x 182 - 44K
    edited June 2019

TESTED the 35 free luts  
    from RocketStock.com that can be used with the mcjLUT for Daz Studio

AxmcjDna_MOZ.jpg
    1920 x 1143 - 636K
    BxmcjDna_MOZ.jpg
    1920 x 1143 - 613K
    CxmcjDna_MOZ.jpg
    1920 x 1143 - 588K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited July 2019

I made a LUT ( LookupTable ) named MademoiselleHyde

it changes bright colors to yellowed and the dark colors to ink-blue https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjlut

hyde.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 434K
    Les chemises de l'archiduchesse sont elles multitemporelles, archi-temporelles_out.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 567K

Nice, Thanks

• On a side note...  what is that console and mainframe-tape-drive stuff from?  Is that something you made, or is it from somewhere else?

edited July 2019

yes i made the console, tape drive and chair

i will probably post them as poser/daz props on my site soon

it's an Appolo Mission Control console but meant to be a The Time Tunnel console

though in (imaginary) reality it's an interdimensional tunnel and console

On a side note...  what is that console and mainframe-tape-drive stuff from?  Is that something you made, or is it from somewhere else?

omamma_out.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 568K
    0010111_out.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 570K
    edited July 2019

UPDATE AND NEW ! MCJLUT B as in Better !

July 9th 2019 - mcjLUT a small bug was fixed - it happened when an image over-write was attempted,

July 9th 2019 - mcjLUT i added a progress bar for sequence of renders ( in case you want to process a 1800 images long video )

July 9th 2019 - mcjLUT B NEW NEW NEW !

1 - Instant preview !

with mcjLUTB you select the folder where your LUTs (.cube) files are stored

and the script lets you select a specific LUT file from a drop-down list

and check this out ! the left display image instantly lets you prevew the result of applying this LUT to your input image

2 - Auto-naming of the output image(s)

with mcjLUTB if you check-mark the  "Output filename + input + _out" then the output image(s) filename(s) will be like the input filename(s) but with a _out suffix.

mcjLUTBDEMO.jpg
    942 x 573 - 74K
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,415
    edited October 2019

Hi.

For some weird reason, I can't get either versions mcjLUT to work. It stopped working a couple of weeks ago (before the update to 4.12).

The first version opens, but whenever I select an LUT, it doesn't load.

As for mcjLUTB, whenever I try to load the script, I just get an error message. 

I've deleted and re-installed several times, but it's not made any difference. 

I've attached the part of the log to this post where this error happens. *Fingers crossed* that it may give you some idea what's wrong.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    Post edited by N-RArts on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,027
    mCasual said:

1 - Instant preview !

edited October 2019

ok i know

when you first installed mcjLUT

you installed a DLL file in the daz studio 'plugins' folder

when you installed DS4.12 ... that daz studio's 'plugins' folder doesnt contain the mcjLUT.dll or what was it for Mac

in other news

74 renders + cool music https://youtube.com/watch?v=y8Hk0e9Hk4M well i think it's supposed to be scary music but like only 18% scary - my daz studio/blender/poser freebies site: https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts5/

N_R Arts said:

Hi.

For some weird reason, I can't get either versions mcjLUT to work. It stopped working a couple of weeks ago (before the update to 4.12).

The first version opens, but whenever I select an LUT, it doesn't load.

As for mcjLUTB, whenever I try to load the script, I just get an error message. 

I've deleted and re-installed several times, but it's not made any difference. 

I've attached the part of the log to this post where this error happens. *Fingers crossed* that it may give you some idea what's wrong.

59.jpg
    810 x 1080 - 66K

You must also download the appropriate mcjLUT plugin (dll ) 

mcjLUT32bit.dll or mcjLUT64bit.dll and place it in the appropriate Daz Studio Plugin folder

on my PC That's 

32 bit goes in C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins

and

64 bit goes in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins

For MACs the plugin file is named MCJLUT.DYLIB

I packaged it in a zip file named MCJLUT.DYLIB.ZIP to increase the chances that google and your MAC allows you to download it.

on my macbook i placed it in /Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/plugins

• That was too easy! Thank you very much.

So neat thanks.png
    1241 x 648 - 495K
    glad to see my instructions and button labels are decypherable :)

That was too easy! Thank you very much.

le
    FB_IMG_1560220032637.jpg
    720 x 720 - 120K
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,415

Thank you for the help. 

I've had to (re)install Daz in a different place on my PC, so that must've been the cause. All sorted now. 

Thanks again. :)

• FalcoFalco Posts: 239
    edited April 2020

Hi mCasual, I'm interested in incorpoating this tool into my workflow to check my scene lighting with a lut applied as an image preview tool.  I tried it out and it looks promising, the only issue is that the image comparison window is too small for me to properly preview a scene and see the details.  I can scale the window, but the images themselves don't scale up with it.  Would it be possible in incoporate options for a larger image preview, or is there something I can do locally to hack it to be larger? I did a quick browse of the script file but didn't see any obvious way to change the resolution, not sure if that stuff would be in the dll file or if I'm just missing where that is defined in the script.  

Basically what I need is the re-toned image preview window to be adjustable or able to set like 1700 resolution. Please let me know if this is something that would be possible to adjust either on your end or my end.  

Thanks!

edited April 2020

hi there, around line 30 there's a variable named canvasSize

in your version it's something like ... i forgot maybe 300

when i changed it to 800, i did get 2 big viewports BUT, the one on the right (output) was shifted downward in a bad way

so i moved buttons around, they are now all in the middle

and the 2 big viewports are okay

i uploaded this version the name of this version is MCJLUTBWIDESCREEN.DSA

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjlut

ideally put it in the same folder as MCJLUTB.dsa    .... something like content/scripts/mcasual

Falco said:

Hi mCasual, I'm interested in incorpoating this tool into my workflow to check my scene lighting with a lut applied as an image preview tool.  I tried it out and it looks promising, the only issue is that the image comparison window is too small for me to properly preview a scene and see the details.  I can scale the window, but the images themselves don't scale up with it.  Would it be possible in incoporate options for a larger image preview, or is there something I can do locally to hack it to be larger? I did a quick browse of the script file but didn't see any obvious way to change the resolution, not sure if that stuff would be in the dll file or if I'm just missing where that is defined in the script.  

Basically what I need is the re-toned image preview window to be adjustable or able to set like 1700 resolution. Please let me know if this is something that would be possible to adjust either on your end or my end.  

Thanks!

likethis.jpg
    1840 x 904 - 727K
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

thank you for this. You've been making incredibly useful things for DS for as long as I remember, but I'm starting to think you must look like the Avatar squirrel or cat you when I imagine you coding on your mac.

edited July 2021

July 21st 2021 fixed an issue with mcjLUTB :  your specific output filename was ignored and automatic filenames were used instead

July 21st 2021 added mcjCubeLUTNormalizer script  to fix problematic .cube LUTs (example the 13 free shutterstock LUTs

Gabrielle at the Guard of The Castle AcademyLUT.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 391K
  • juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 556
    edited July 2021

Great tool !!

Any chance the blend mode - opacity - strengh fx will be included in future ?

Like always ,this really useful tool . DAZ should include most of your tools/scripts in default instalation package

Post edited by juvesatriani on
    edited July 2021

Thanks, do you mean preserving the alpha/transparency layer? 

or mix the original with the recolorized?

i never used lookout tables outside of my script&app

juvesatriani said:

Great tool !!

Like always ,this really useful tool . DAZ should include most of your tools/scripts in default instalation package

edited July 2021

today's render re-colorized with shutterstock's free MagicalHour LUT

LUTsmal.png
    1024 x 768 - 846K
  • juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 556

mCasual said:

Thanks, do you mean preserving the alpha/transparency layer? 

or mix the original with the recolorized?

i never used lookout tables outside of my script&app

juvesatriani said:

Great tool !!

Thanks for reply .. I mean like Blend or Opacity option in Photoshop