Still looking for the solution to 'Duplicate Formulas'

All Genesis 3 females get this error. Nothing else. I've read something like a dozen forum posts about it, with no distinct solution other than the absolutely insane one of manually going through every single morph for every single figure and re-doing (descends into computery gobblty-gook at that point).

How do you fix this message and never see it again?

Comments

• Have you checked the log file after loading a Genesis 3 Female, as suggested in many threads on this topic? That should name one of the morphs involved. None of them should suggest redoing every single morph for the affected figure, let alone for all figures (Genesis 3 Female is a figure, Victoria 7, Gia 7 etc. are characters for that figure - duplicate formulas is something that affects all characters and scenes for the figure involved, unless it's for a custom morph not saved as an asset).

• This is the log file generated when I load Victoria 7 into a blank scene.

Apparently the file is too large for the forum to handle or something. 

I get this (Many many more lines, obviously): 

2019-06-15 23:17:49.878 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5995): Duplicate formula found linking eCTRLLipTopUp-Down & DR Excited in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs/Diane/Adorbs G3/DR Excited.dsf.

2019-06-15 23:17:49.884 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5996): owner: Genesis3Female

2019-06-15 23:17:49.884 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5997): output: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Pose/eCTRLLipTopUp-Down.dsf#eCTRLLipTopUp-Down?value

2019-06-15 23:17:49.884 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5998): input: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Diane/Adorbs%20G3/DR%20Excited.dsf#Excited?value

2019-06-15 23:17:49.915 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5995): Duplicate formula found linking eCTRLLipBottomUp-Down & DR Excited in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs/Diane/Adorbs G3/DR Excited.dsf.

2019-06-15 23:17:49.915 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5996): owner: Genesis3Female

2019-06-15 23:17:49.915 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5997): output: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Pose/eCTRLLipBottomUp-Down.dsf#eCTRLLipBottomUp-Down?value

2019-06-15 23:17:49.921 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5998): input: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Diane/Adorbs%20G3/DR%20Excited.dsf#Excited?value

So that would indicate the problem lies in /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Diane/Adorbs%20G3?

How would I fix the problem? Just delete the directory?

• I have gotten it from two files that are the same, like one installed in the program directory and one in my documents daz library. (I have gotten it from saving files I am working on and duplicate formulas inside a given file too but testing usually keeps those out of your hair. If you don't edit files yourself than it's probably literally a duplicate file installed). Look in the data folder -in both places- for those morphs. Try removing one if there are two, or the only one if not; reboot the program or reopen your scene file and see if that does the trick.

• Duplicate files shouldn't cause the issue (unless they are bad in themselves - it is possible to end up with duplicate formulas witrhin a single property).

Rgere are two versions of the Adorbs set,
    https://www.daz3d.com/adorbs-expressions-for-skyler-and-genesis-2-female-s
    https://www.daz3d.com/adorbs-expressions-for-skyler-and-genesis-3-female-s
    do you have both and have you converted the Geensis 2 set to Genesis 3 (using GenX, for example)?

• I just have the one for Gen 3

Duplicate files shouldn't cause the issue (unless they are bad in themselves - it is possible to end up with duplicate formulas witrhin a single property).

Rgere are two versions of the Adorbs set,
    https://www.daz3d.com/adorbs-expressions-for-skyler-and-genesis-2-female-s
    https://www.daz3d.com/adorbs-expressions-for-skyler-and-genesis-3-female-s
    do you have both and have you converted the Geensis 2 set to Genesis 3 (using GenX, for example)?

• I have gotten it from two files that are the same, like one installed in the program directory and one in my documents daz library. (I have gotten it from saving files I am working on and duplicate formulas inside a given file too but testing usually keeps those out of your hair. If you don't edit files yourself than it's probably literally a duplicate file installed). Look in the data folder -in both places- for those morphs. Try removing one if there are two, or the only one if not; reboot the program or reopen your scene file and see if that does the trick.

...\My DAZ 3D Library\Documents only has documents.

• Actually, I suspect that the morphs are not uniquely named - "DR%20Excited.dsf#Excited" would indicate that while the file is DR Excited.dsf, the actual morph name is (or at least, is being read as) Excited - which probably would clash with another morph, which would be likely to have its own link to the basic eCTRLLipBottomUp-Down morph (so that would be the duplicate formula). Check to see if the product has an update, if it doesn't please open a Technical Support ticket to report it as a possible bug.

• Makes sense, hope that does it.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775

Frankly, I'd like to have an option to turn that "Duplicate Formulas" message off. Daz seems to be able to cope just fine with duplicate formulas, so why stop loading the scene and yell about them when it finds them?

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Frankly, I'd like to have an option to turn that "Duplicate Formulas" message off. Daz seems to be able to cope just fine with duplicate formulas, so why stop loading the scene and yell about them when it finds them?

Exactly.