Is it possible to avoid those texture stretches from D-force simulation

handel_035c4ce6handel_035c4ce6 Posts: 458
edited June 2019 in New Users

I just used D-force to fold a blanket. It works as intended but the rextyre became deformed. No matter if I loaded a new texture or changed the geometry settings, the stretches remained. Is there a way to avoid them?

stretches.png
458 x 339 - 351K
Post edited by handel_035c4ce6 on

Comments

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

Yes and no. I have two ideas, neither of which may help completely.

1. Adjust the subdivision level on the clothes. Give dForce more polygons to work with so that the stretching of the fabic is spread out across more faces.

2. Adjust the dForce surface settings to reduce how much you allow the fabric to stretch. If you do this, though, you should probably increase the amount it is allowed to slide, or you may end up with a knee poking through because dForce is out of options.

• And the stretching isn't on the base mesh? Are those polygons stretching if you compare before and after in a wireframe view? What is the model?

• And the stretching isn't on the base mesh? Are those polygons stretching if you compare before and after in a wireframe view? What is the model?

The model was a blanket whch was not designed for d-force; I just needed to fold it aside.

About the subdivision - it may work if apllied before the simulation, right?

• SubD is applied after pose and other deformations.