[Help!] Viewport cant see textures

CherubitCherubit Posts: 982

Since yesterday ive been having this problem in which my viewport cant see the textures of anything, but the materials are there and when i render it works perfectly.

Just the viewport that looks like that, anybody knows what`s going on and how to fix this?

This is daz 4.11 public build

My normal version works fine.

viewportprpoblem.JPG
1920 x 1029 - 220K
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

Next to the drop down box for the cameras and lights, there is the sphere which is the viewport view options.  Choose texture shaded.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,051

You probably changed the viewport display style by mistake. From memory you change it using the “ball” icon near the camera list.

• CherubitCherubit Posts: 982

@Mattymanx and @Leana thanks for replying! Unfortunately it`s already in texture shaded :( when i go to wire texture shaded was also supposed to have textures but just shows the mesh like in the print screen above, just with wire :( i dont know what happened that its not working, i even updated to the latest version and still the same

• If your system has an Intel GPU on the CPU and a full nVidia GPU make sure that the beta iss et to use the nVidia GPU - that should be in the nVidia Control Panel, which you can launch by right-click on the desktop.

If your system has an Intel GPU on the CPU and a full nVidia GPU make sure that the beta iss et to use the nVidia GPU - that should be in the nVidia Control Panel, which you can launch by right-click on the desktop.

Thanks Richard! What should i do once i`m on nvidia control panel?

• I have this same problem the preview window WILL NOT display in nvidia. But seems to render fine so if I want to check the lighting I have to render,cancel,adjust, repeat till it comes out right which is really,really annoying. So any suggestions.

edited June 2019

I have this same problem the preview window WILL NOT display in nvidia. But seems to render fine so if I want to check the lighting I have to render,cancel,adjust, repeat till it comes out right which is really,really annoying. So any suggestions.

for now im using one of the other version of daz that you can find on DIM. which one of yours is not working? Mine is the Public build but the normal one works fine.

Post edited by Cherubit on
  • Well, I'd hope that would fix the no-textures issue by itself.

Well, I'd hope that would fix the no-textures issue by itself.

Well the Public Build still doesnt work, I can use the other ones meanwhile, no problem, but if it happens to the other ones i wont know what to do...

• Cherubit said:

I have this same problem the preview window WILL NOT display in nvidia. But seems to render fine so if I want to check the lighting I have to render,cancel,adjust, repeat till it comes out right which is really,really annoying. So any suggestions.

for now im using one of the other version of daz that you can find on DIM. which one of yours is not working? Mine is the Public build but the normal one works fine.

The one that came out today 4.11

Cherubit said:

The one that came out today 4.11

Try the Public Build 

• I discovered something, When I first start Daz with no lights in the scene with nvidia setting in the preview window it works fine. If I add lights to the scene  still works fine. But if I switch to texture in the preview window then go back to nvidia it will not render in the preview window it seems to keep cycling .But If I delete the lights in the nvida preview it works again. So my conclusuion is it's not my computer but a bug in the software which I am sure they will fix eventually.