1700 x 1080 - 907K
bettercloudmaths.jpg
1102 x 561 - 237K
promau.jpg
421 x 421 - 38K
Post edited by mCasual on

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,295

Oh this looks interesting. Is this for 3DL or Iray or both. I ask cause I don't use Iray.

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    it's not really dependent on renderers it lets you load any image on your disks ( ex: a render ), then load another image that contains credible skin tones ( ex a photo from an Avon ad ) and it creates a copy of you render, but with skin tones from the Avon photo. so it's something people do in photoshop, but for me it's faster to do it from Daz Studio

Oh this looks interesting. Is this for 3DL or Iray or both. I ask cause I don't use Iray.

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983

Wow, thanks again for a nice script. Just tested it and works great in three easy steps you are done. This will make it much easier to get rid of the yellow skin tone that most characters seems to come with. I like the pale "first day on the beach" look of the girl in the promo, goes well along with her blonde hair.

Yeah you would usualy do this in post-production with filters and such in Photoshop, in DS fiddeling around with the shader settings and the color tint of the diffuse channel or run the Match Color from a reference in Photoshop over the original character diffuse textures thats what I did in the past. Actualy I guess you could do that too with this script just pick the character skin textures on the left.

The clever thing that this script seems to do is picking the skin color range on both the middle reference image and the left side rendered target image and corrects only the skin and not the backround color depending on the Radius you select.

the app shifts the hues of the pixels according to the 2 picked color hues

and i added a moderating factor, the most saturated colors get the full hue shift and the unsaturated colors get less hue shift

because in some initial tests the clouds in one render were being nibbled out of the picture

Wow, thanks again for a nice script. Just tested it and works great in three easy steps you are done. This will make it much easier to get rid of the yellow skin tone that most characters seems to come with. I like the pale "first day on the beach" look of the girl in the promo, goes well along with her blonde hair.

Yeah you would usualy do this in post-production with filters and such in Photoshop, in DS fiddeling around with the shader settings and the color tint of the diffuse channel or run the Match Color from a reference in Photoshop over the original character diffuse textures thats what I did in the past. Actualy I guess you could do that too with this script just pick the character skin textures on the left.

The clever thing that this script seems to do is picking the skin color range on both the middle reference image and the left side rendered target image and corrects only the skin and not the backround color depending on the Radius you select.

edited June 2019

two test images ( i'm making a macBook version ! as a plugin

t2t2Out.jpg
    185 x 300 - 8K
    avonskin.jpg
    700 x 700 - 50K
  • DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 508

ooh so good! ;-)

DigiDotz said:

ooh so good! ;-)

thanks, the Mac plugin and maybe PC plugin version will be posted friday evening
    Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 3.45.08 AM.png
    1280 x 800 - 429K
  • GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Wow!  Awesome - thanks!

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275

That is brilliant - thanks so much for this

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Thanks so much for this!

I have always wanted something more easy to do different skins with!!

edited June 2019

New New New MAC-Plugin version and PC Plugin version

mcjToneToTone is a script + a PC .exe/App

mcjToneToTonePlus is a script + a Daz Studio plugin for PC and for MACs

Both kits let you color-correct the skin tones in an image, usually a render

using the skin-tone (hue) comes from another image, ex: a studio photo

color correct your renders like the pros would do if they were not really pros

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjtonetotone

macvie.jpg
    888 x 555 - 80K
  • Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,588

Thanks for new script! I would save original and use it as a layer to correct cloud loss via photoshop.