Whats going on with the Store

edited July 2012 in The Commons

I log in since I am a platinum club member and go to the store and it doesnt recognize Me as logged in. Does not offer Me My platinum club discount.
I logged in 3 times while in the store and it wont recognize the fact that I logged in. I come here and it says Im logged in, but go to the store and again, it says Im not logged in. Please fix this MESS!!! Also, I am not a NEW MEMBER!! I have been here for many years, what is up with this....???
My user name here is Dallas47m not Dallas49m.... I dont get it, what did you break now.... I can not access years worth of purchases.....

Post edited by dallas49m_e8334b99e9 on

Comments

• jgkanejgkane Posts: 4
    edited July 2012

I'm just a Platinum Club member.

Do the team know what is happening?
    Yes, I think so.
    Do they know how to sort it permanently?
    Probably not, or they would have mailed us all with instructions, and not rely on the haphazard nature of the forums.
    Do I have difficulty logging on? Mostly not. now, -
    Try starting from 'www.daz3d.com/', and log in from there, not the bookmark you have been using, nor any newsletter ( if you subscribe to the newsletter ). That seems to get me in.

I can access my old purchases but making new ones is a hazard slalom course in a car that's lost one of its wheels. I reckon that the chief shop site programmer should go by the moniker of 'Spa Getty', if you know what I mean. .. ;o)

Good luck / bon chance ..

Yes, I have tried the suggestions, helpfully outlined by Shiriki below; this is not new to me. It just does not seem to work. to clear cookies,, etc.. This time I went so far as to virus check IE ( just don't trust it ), and fired it up. I even re-installed Firefox. Still no dice. Inflated prices, no recognition of platinum club status except of course in the $7.95 transaction every month. Sorry but the system is still broken.
    If this was Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs, or the IRS it would be well sorted by now, an d believe me they are no strangers to 'spaghetti programming'.

Post edited by jgkane on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

First, clear your browser's cache and cookies.

Second, make sure that you have...
    1) Cookies enabled for the site
    2) Javascript with enough permissions
    3) Site listed as "trusted" in browser and AV settings

If you fail with one browser, try another: Chrome, Opera, Firefox have been generally reported to work OK; hiccups with Safari or IE (especially older ones).

• ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
    edited December 1969

Similiar problems here.
    I'm also a PC member. I still can log in, see "Members only" forum but see the wrong price for all PC items (not one item with 1.99$)

• edited December 1969

Ty for the responses, I finally got in to the store but still dont see My pc discount. And both the store and the forums dont recognize My real daz user name of Dallas47m. Says Im a new member and says I only have 2 posts now instead of the 800 + posts Ive done over the years. Very Very frustrating.

• earth2dearth2d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thought it was just me seeing the PC Items @ 6.97 to 11.97 instead of $1.99, trying to check out. removed everything
    out of my wishlist and all pc item's from cart until it get's fix!

No smiles again tyoday!!

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Dallas49m said:
    Ty for the responses, I finally got in to the store but still dont see My pc discount. And both the store and the forums dont recognize My real daz user name of Dallas47m. Says Im a new member and says I only have 2 posts now instead of the 800 + posts Ive done over the years. Very Very frustrating.

That's because Daz have some new forum software and everyone has started from 0 posts, even Richard with his 50000+ posts from the old forum, New Member refers to the forum, when you make your 26th post it will change to Member and when you reach 251 it changes to Active Member, then when you reach 1001 posts you get to be a Power Member.

Hope this helps with one of your concerns, as for the username I would contact Daz either via the support option or the freephone number if you in the US.
    Regards. :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Dallas49m said:

With regards to the Username. I can find no trace of a memer past or present with the name Dallas47m, only the one you are currently using.

If you are really concerned about this then may I suggest sending Richard Haseltine a PM

With reagrds to the PC

There appears to be a glitch with the PC prices at the moment, so no one is seeing them correctly.
  • RLPRLP Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

Is anyone buying PC items at the high prices? All I'm getting are the free things till it comes up with the $1.99 price.
    I've already shifted most of my shopping to Renderosity since most of the stuff for people as opposed to props and sets here is Genesis and 1. I don't like the Studio 4 interface and 2. I've spent too much on series 2,3 and 4 characters so I don't plan to start from scratch again. I just use Studio 4 for some renders of scenes created in 3. (Or 2.7 on some old machines. The only reason I bought 3 was for 64bit which lets me build bigger scenes. And yes, Studio 3 64 bit is not "tell ware" or "free ware". It's "buy ware" so I do expect maintenance releases for a few years. )

And if this shows me as a newbie, I've been here since the .9 betas when I dropped Poser because it's interface was a pain.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

FZ 1 said:
    Is anyone buying PC items at the high prices? All I'm getting are the free things till it comes up with the $1.99 price.

I believe the software works like this: PC members get the lesser of (a 30% discount off of all D-O items or $1.99 on specially marked items).

They ran a 'sale' which reduced the 'specially marked' items to $0.99, but in order to do that they had to replace the '$1.99' typical price. So when the sale ended, it reverted to the 'default' base price, and the 30% off discount. I've heard mumblings that the same thing happened when they did the occasional $0.99 sale in the old store.

It's fixed already, though. It was an issue for a few hours, that's all.

-- Morgan

• LBJ2LBJ2 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Something still very wrong with the payment system.
    I tried to pay for my order 4 times now. And none of the items are 1.99$items.
    After i apply the PC club July code... nothing happens. I click..Proceed/Checkout
    And it sends me back to step 1. The one with name.
    Someone call 911 i think :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

enter the coupon code in the coupon bos and click apply, then you should get a screen asking you to confirm the address, once you have done that you should be asked to select a payment methoc.