3Dlight version of tiles aplenty

odasteinodastein Posts: 606

I bought this product : https://www.daz3d.com/tiles-aplenty-vol-iv that is including shaders for both Iray and 3Dlight. But while the Iray version is straightforward, I don't know how to use the 3Dlight version. There's an "utility" that seems to consist in a screenshot telling me to hold the crtl key; but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to proceed. Click on the Iray version of the shader while holding the ctrl key? Click on the utility while holding the ctrl key? Install the shader and then click on the utility? Click on the utility while the object is selected? I've no clue. Does someone know how to use the 3Dlight version of this shader set? 

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

Holding ctrl when using a scripts or preset displays a popup where you can select options, for examples if you replace the maps when you apply a material or not, or which bones you apply a pose to.

I don't have this product, but since the product page lists a "convert to 3DL" utility my guess would be that you apply the Iray shaders first then use the converter:

1. select the object and surfaces you want to apply the shaders to
    2. apply the iray version of the shader
    3. apply "3DL converter" 

There are several utility scripts included to change the tiling, and those will be used while holding ctrl so that you can tell DS not to change the textures you already applied and just the tiling parameter.

The "3DL converter" script may need to be applied in the same way so that it changes only settings and not the textures, but as I never used it I can't be sure.

• odasteinodastein Posts: 606

Ok, I'll try this approach. Thank you.