Solved Webp Issue. Anyone need of a simple solution?

2»

Comments

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,515
    edited June 2019

This webp solution also gets rid of the annoying iframe in the product page and allows you to screen shoot the full window zoomed out (Ctrl -) or in two parts or print it fully as a pdf.

Just an fyi. If you get a flickering in explorer, that indicates a software compatibility conflict causing explorer to closes and reopen. I was able to trigger this behavious when having both Chrome and Safari windows opened. When I closed Chrome it stopped. Also no problem with Edit: flicker in explorer in Chrome if I opened  closed Safari. 

Hope some of you found this helpful. ;)

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,361
    edited June 2019
    KevinH said:

You guys do know that Windows build 1809 has native support for webp files, right?

Aside from the fact that some of us are still on Windows 8.1*, this does not undo the severe reduction in quality caused by compressing the files twice.

* After how much W10 messed up my tablet, including some problems that even reinstalling W8.1 from scratch didn't fix (vital driver files were lost when W10 installed, and I've never been able to find the correct ones again), I am in absolutely no hurry to install it on anything else.

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
  • CrescentCrescent Posts: 319

I just open my product library in IE and save the thumbnails from there.  I hate IE but it has its uses.  The Chrome extensions which can save the thumbnails as .png don't work well because they never remember where I saved things last.  Since I like to manually download my files into different locations and save the product library thumbnails with the downloads, it's too much of a pain in the butt to change the image save location every time.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,739
    Crescent said:

I just open my product library in IE and save the thumbnails from there.  I hate IE but it has its uses.  The Chrome extensions which can save the thumbnails as .png don't work well because they never remember where I saved things last.  Since I like to manually download my files into different locations and save the product library thumbnails with the downloads, it's too much of a pain in the butt to change the image save location every time.

You could try Listary, it's a fantastic file and folder management tool with a ton of features:

https://www.listary.com/

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,515

For the record this Safari for windows in the link (link opens as a download file) on my second post on page one (sorry don't know how to shortcut to a post) is NOT supposed to work on Windows 10 but is supposed to work on other window versions below 10 BUT it works on my windows 10 pro so it should work even better for other versions according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safari_version_history

I have walked away from buying some items I really wanted because the promo images looked like crap and I am not into buying something to test and return. The artist did a great job, but but on my 4k 38" monitor they looked pixelated and I questioned the quality of the work and decided not to buy. I suspect webp compression was the culprit despite "the high quality" webp promised.

Crescent said:

I feel your pain. I, like you need to not hunt down the last place I saved, especially when some products have 24-30 odd images. I actually tried using an older IE version on a windows 7 machine I had lying around but I practically had to take naps while it dowloaded the zip files. So I tried downloaded the zips on the faster machine and using a mac or older windows for image save as but it was a pain in the butt to revist orders a seconfd time. Maybe someone will find a solution that's perfect but for me this old Safari version is as  good as it can get. The download speeds are fast, it remembers the last saved location and I am able to open an order and fly through the process like I was able to before webp.

Aside from the fact that some of us are still on Windows 8.1*, this does not undo the severe reduction in quality caused by compressing the files twice.

If you do try the Safari for windows solution let others know if it works out or not on windows 8.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    ArtAngel said:

For the record this Safari for windows in the link (link opens as a download file) on my second post on page one (sorry don't know how to shortcut to a post) is NOT supposed to work on Windows 10 but is supposed to work on other window versions below 10 BUT it works on my windows 10 pro so it should work even better for other versions according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safari_version_history

I have walked away from buying some items I really wanted because the promo images looked like crap and I am not into buying something to test and return. The artist did a great job, but but on my 4k 38" monitor they looked pixelated and I questioned the quality of the work and decided not to buy. I suspect webp compression was the culprit despite "the high quality" webp promised.

Crescent said:

I feel your pain. I, like you need to not hunt down the last place I saved, especially when some products have 24-30 odd images. I actually tried using an older IE version on a windows 7 machine I had lying around but I practically had to take naps while it dowloaded the zip files. So I tried downloaded the zips on the faster machine and using a mac or older windows for image save as but it was a pain in the butt to revist orders a seconfd time. Maybe someone will find a solution that's perfect but for me this old Safari version is as  good as it can get. The download speeds are fast, it remembers the last saved location and I am able to open an order and fly through the process like I was able to before webp.

If you do try the Safari for windows solution let others know if it works out or not on windows 8.

ive walked too, this webp bs is beyond my frustration tolerance,

i used to save the promo that made me want a prodyct to a w/l folder on my desktop.  usually the grey image

the link to a post is in the date of the post. below your avatar and posts count.