Wind Warrior Hair Difficulties

Hi There. I purchased the Wind Warrior Hair by Linday today and I am having some difficulties with it. The twin tails go straight through the shoulders of the character, and even when running the simulation the hair still stays inside the character's body instead of laying over its shoulders, back, or chest.  Am I doing something wrong? Are ther instructions for this product?

000 Wind Warrior Hair.png
1920 x 1080 - 2M

Comments

• I am having trouble too.  Although I found a "pose" file that showed up in the smart content pane for the hair that said "apply before simulation" and then another that said "apply after simulation".  I'm trying that to see if it helps.   

• That didn't help for me.  Neither did the dials that allow very limited morph/movement of the tails.

• According to this image

there are multiple bones for posing the tails - you probably need to start nearer the top, unless those are missing in which case please open a support ticket.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,557

I am thankful that promo image was included as it saved me from a purchase since I need the whole head to be dforce capable, not just the lower tail parts. I am a huge fan of Linday's first few dforce hair products, but I hope this isn't a new treand of just having parts dforce since it is very limiting in use this way.

Hi There. I purchased the Wind Warrior Hair by Linday today and I am having some difficulties with it. The twin tails go straight through the shoulders of the character, and even when running the simulation the hair still stays inside the character's body instead of laying over its shoulders, back, or chest.  Am I doing something wrong? Are ther instructions for this product?

keep in mind that a simulation will not work unless the starting point is outside of an object and not touching. basically the dforce part is just to fine tune the draping on the lower tails. The bones are what is expected to be used for normal posing.

• Thank you. I was able to render as advertised. I missed comprehending the boines panel. But having to move tail bones that are not on the regular dials seem antti to most of the Daz poducts and  lot of people may have some issue figuring this out. The fact that you have to find the bones fromn a jpg in the promo image to make it work see,ms like an issue. It doen't make the product intuitive to use. It is beautiful hair and I am glad to add it to my library.

• I am thankful that promo image was included as it saved me from a purchase since I need the whole head to be dforce capable, not just the lower tail parts. I am a huge fan of Linday's first few dforce hair products, but I hope this isn't a new treand of just having parts dforce since it is very limiting in use this way.

I would think this was imposed by the rings - I don't think there would be a way to have those constrain and move with the hair.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@bueller1998_df4ca4b697 "The fact that you have to find the bones fromn a jpg in the promo image to make it work see,ms like an issue. "

Do you never look at the scene panel to see what all is there? The program description says Rigged pigtails. What did you think that meant?

@FSMCDesigns "I hope this isn't a new treand of just having parts dforce since it is very limiting in use this way."

Having any part of hair dForce capable is a new trend.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

Thank you. I was able to render as advertised. I missed comprehending the boines panel. But having to move tail bones that are not on the regular dials seem antti to most of the Daz poducts and  lot of people may have some issue figuring this out. The fact that you have to find the bones fromn a jpg in the promo image to make it work see,ms like an issue. It doen't make the product intuitive to use. It is beautiful hair and I am glad to add it to my library.

Technically, this used to be pretty standard for higher quality hair products that had seperate parts like tails and braids. It allows you to fine tune how the tails are positioned in ways that you can't through simple movement morphs, including making it more ameniable to animation. But I can understand the confusion as there haven't been a lot of products lately with these types of control.

• edited June 2019
    JonnyRay said:

Technically, this used to be pretty standard for higher quality hair products that had seperate parts like tails and braids. It allows you to fine tune how the tails are positioned in ways that you can't through simple movement morphs, including making it more ameniable to animation. But I can understand the confusion as there haven't been a lot of products lately with these types of control.

Yes, I remember. I took a few years off from rendering, and I remember bones in a lot of older hair products. But that hasn't the trend in DS for several years now.  In fact the bones of those often only show under "hidden" properties and are hard to deal with in modern DS.  It was confusing to see this, but I will look for it in the future. I am surprised that the creator didn't build the movement into the dials, which has been the recent trend. 

Thank you for refreshing my memory, but for feedback purposes, it does feel "unfinished" the way it is set up. 

Although part of me prefers the old way the bones worked on this type of hair.

Post edited by bueller1998_df4ca4b697 on