would v6 hd work in daz studio 4.5.1.6 pro

madmadmad2040madmadmad2040 Posts: 44
edited December 1969 in The Commons

would v6 hd work in the version iam using that is 4.5.1.6 pro.

if yes i would buy it.
and more so what would be the easiest way of upgrading . i did so only once when i was a beginner with 3.5 , and upgraded to the version iam using now. back then i uninstalled every thing and installed them again. now i have so much content that i fear the upgrade.

just a funny thought i'd like to clear, if we make a rar of the daz folder in my documents and then re install daz after clearing every thing, and then extract the rar archive to merge with newly installed one would that work as iam also planning on a new computer . i wonder if that could be made to work with this way or i have to install each and ever y file again in the new computer

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited November 2013

No, and just go ahead and upgrade so that you can get access to the new stuff. The newer versions enable the HD anyway, so you'll need to update the app. If you run HD in the older versions you'll mess up dson cache and you'll need the newer version to clear it out anyway.

The DIM does a good job up updating your application so you don't have to do the back up thing.. though you may want to have backups of your whole computer anyway not just for DAZ, but system maintenance anyway.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on