Growing Up for G2M/M6 & Brothers (Now Available)(Commercial)

Comments

• DolbomirDolbomir Posts: 72
    edited December 2013

I've come to the realization that this is the second time I've been refreshing the store on a daily basis, the first time being when the first Growing Up set was released for G2F.

I second that... every day, going "are we there yet? are we there yet?" xD

The only issue then is the lack of suitable textures since most of the men have stubble or body hair! I think I may have overused the Justin skin from Young Teens as a result.

I thought Genesis can use K4 texture sets tho.. aren't those good enough? granted there are like 3 of em for boys o.O

haven't tried those myself, as I don't have K4 and buying chars for textures alone sounds iffy.

Just waiting on brothers to be fully approved. It's in the final stages and as soon as its ready, both can go live:) Will probably be a mid month release, somewhere around there, if all goes well:)

Thanks for the update! Hopefully, will be sooner than later xD

Post edited by Dolbomir on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 2013

Dolbomir said:
    I thought Genesis can use K4 texture sets tho.. aren't those good enough? granted there are like 3 of em for boys o.O

haven't tried those myself, as I don't have K4 and buying chars for textures alone sounds iffy.

The only issue I have is that the only K4 male textures I've ever come across were fairly old, and thus low resolution. The ones I have are only 2000x2000 in size, and basically look like a blurred version of the female textures they accompanied (as it came in a bundle with both male and female characters). Finding good quality kids textures has always been a bit of a gamble though. For every good set there's at least a dozen which basically look like someone went a bit crazy with Photoshop's smudge feature. The SIsters set is the first one I've owned since Kaelyn which I can genuinely say is excellent quality. High detail coupled with a gorgeous subsurface shader makes it hard to fault.

Kaelyn is still a great morph and texture set, but sadly there's no K4 UV set included with Genesis 2, and it's really not designed for using on boys. The rosy cheeks and redder lips make males seem a bit effeminate.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

Herald of Fire do you have these.

EF-Swigly-Boyz at RDNA

edited December 1969

Herald of Fire do you have these.

EF-Swigly-Boyz at RDNA

As a rule I avoid buying anything which doesn't specify details. I'm not enthused about the morphs as they seem rather cartoonish so I'd only be buying it for the textures if anything. Only problem with that is there's not much information given on the texture resolution or even any good screenshots to show it off. At any rate, with Genesis 2 male released and Growing Up on the way, I probably won't be investing any more in K4 textures for a while. Genesis 2 has proven far too versatile to go back to the old ways.

I still use K4, but mostly because of some of the great morphs I have and the various children's clothes which don't autofit so well onto Genesis figures.

edited December 1969

The only issue I have is that the only K4 male textures I've ever come across were fairly old, and thus low resolution. The ones I have are only 2000x2000 in size, and basically look like a blurred version of the female textures they accompanied (as it came in a bundle with both male and female characters). Finding good quality kids textures has always been a bit of a gamble though. For every good set there's at least a dozen which basically look like someone went a bit crazy with Photoshop's smudge feature. The SIsters set is the first one I've owned since Kaelyn which I can genuinely say is excellent quality. High detail coupled with a gorgeous subsurface shader makes it hard to fault.

Kaelyn is still a great morph and texture set, but sadly there's no K4 UV set included with Genesis 2, and it's really not designed for using on boys. The rosy cheeks and redder lips make males seem a bit effeminate.

Hmm... I thought a lot of K4 textures in the store stated 4000x4000... and there were a few girl textures that seemed not heavy on the makeup.

BTW, what are the typical rules for texture modification for use in renders (not redistribution in any form as a texture)?

...and now I feel bad for derailing this thread...

so ya... are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? QQ

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

Zev0, any chance of you doing a set to make babes and toddlers?, the rest of your morphs are awesome, I'm not sure if they are doable or not, since babies are much smaller

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

It's totally doable, however its all about how much time I have. I have a set schedual of new products that I am working on, so those always take priority over any new ideas. Maybe once those clear up I can see what I can fit in:) I already have a list of user requests starring me in the face that I wrote down, but can't review them in detail until the current projects are all completed:( The release of Genesis2 means I now have to make sure 3 figures are supported as best as possible, so time is always against me lol.

edited December 1969

awesome, will look forward to the possibilty of seeing them in the future, and as always looking forward to your new projects as well

edited December 1969

Oh Brothers, where art thou?

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684
    edited December 2013

Let's watch Thor I & 2 to get a brother fix!
    (And to make the wait go faster)

Post edited by Sylvan on
    edited December 2013

Hi Guys. Releases looks like they're schedualled for Friday.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Hi Guys. Releases looks like they're schedualled for Friday.

WooHoo :cheese:

Have been waiting to do a "Brothers" render; while my wife has 5 sisters, I have 4 brothers :lol:

edited December 1969

Friday is good. I've been chomping at the bit for over a month now, so I can wait a few days. My guess is they didn't want the new Olympus release to clash, so they held onto it for a bit longer. Sadly, the reason I didn't actually get Olympus was for the sole reason that I'm saving my pennies for Brothers/Growing Up. So... maybe once I have the boys safely in my runtime I'll go back and pick up the new girl. She does look very athletic after all.

edited December 1969

Ye lol. The scheduals are very very tight. Daz has to shuffle in products from all PA's, and their own, so we can't always get the date we want. Originally I wanted the 13th, but that was fully booked:(

edited December 2013

woot! almost there :lol:

...sorry if it's been asked already, but what are you basing your proportions on for all your products? Seems pretty impressive.

Do you actually base it on census statistics or something similar or just eyeball it?

couldn't find an answer in search, so hoping I'm not asking a question answered elsewhere recently :P

edited December 2013

Hi Dolbomir. For the Growing Up series, I mainly used medical data and growth statistics for the proportions. I had to cross ref quite a few documents and charts because some stats varied from country to country. From there I double checked them with a few graph drawings of where limbs should line up at specific ages etc. For the face I had to look at how a face ages and how the proportions change EG height from eye to mouth etc at different stages of growth, and then see what would be the best way to translate all that onto the mesh via morphs that can work together:) Was a fun process and I learned a lot:) Eyeballing can get you there as well, but I prefer working off actual data, specially on a project like this.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Where did you go to get all this research? Sounds like you really did your homework for the Growing Up sets, and the results pretty much speak for themselves. Moreover, how on earth do you find time to do so much on top of all the work that goes into creating the morphs? It boggles the mind. I'm starting to believe that Zev0 has a Tardis and simply sends his future self backwards in time with the finished results...

edited December 2013

Most information can be found on the net:) The issue is finding what ones are accurate. To do that I visited a physician who helped sort out what was correct etc and explained a few things to me, so I had a good base to work from. In terms of finding the time, there never is:) You just have to find a way to fit everything in. I am always behind schedule:( And I wish I had a future self, but that one will probably be brain dead...Will still be cool to poke me with a stick:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 2013

Cool! Thanks for the explanation.

Before I got your growing up fro genesis, I adjusted my first 2-3 chars using US census stats (for something like 1950s-1960s as they're supposed to look average to smallish for a previous generation)--and a few of them came out pretty close to your growing up morphs for about the same age range. I agree about using actual data--leaves less room for error :lol:

Visiting a physician for some of the data sounds like a good idea too. I haven't thought of that :lol:

I've actually been thinking of reverse-aging characters as well... Your growing up morphs do that to some extent, but how would that stack up against your own aging morphs? I've noticed some more pronounced features on other chars available here don't seem to disappear, making the result look a bit odd :P

...I should just buy them and test, shouldn't I >.>;

I wonder how accurate reverse-aging would work on actual people's faces--I'm not good enough at it yet to reliably reproduce even my own face in DAZ yet. Have you tried that?

Hmm... if u think bringing your copy from the future won't work, how about cloning :P

Lets make an army of Zev0s

edited December 1969

Hmmm I have not tried to create my face and reverse the aging process:) Maybe if I find the time I will try that out lol. Ah a clone sounds like a great idea, not to sure about an army lol. That means I would have to buy an armies worth of computers and software:( And an armies supply of coffee..I will be broke lol...Just one clone will be fine:)

edited December 1969

It'll start with 1, but then your clone will make a clone, and so on and do on, next thing you know you have an army :)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

AAAaaaahhhhh BUT the problem with clones creating clones is the breakdown of quality in the clones........!!

edited December 2013

Hmmm.. Not if created by pure stem cells:) Now where to find some.....

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 2013

dkgoose said:
    It'll start with 1, but then your clone will make a clone, and so on and do on, next thing you know you have an army :)

Wait..how will my clone make a clone...Do I impregnate myself with myself? LOL.. I don't like this idea...:(

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

This I gotta see!! ROTFLMAO!!

edited December 1969

Products are now live:)

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Products are now live:)
    They certainly are. Polly's having a blast with her new kid brother.
    Brothers.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 440K
  • HaslorHaslor Posts: 402
    edited December 1969

By Gorge, Zev0, you have done it again.
    Excellent, believable stages of male life.

Thank you

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

Sorry but I'm really confused by the offered discounts, I have Growing up for Genesis and Genesis 2 Female, I have both Growing up and Brothers in my cart and the discount I'm getting is $1 off each is this correct.

• CyberDogCyberDog Posts: 232
    edited December 1969

I am curious about a discount too. I remember hearing there will be a discount for owners of the previous versions but I can not find one.