G Female Genitalia again

ArjeyArjey Posts: 39
edited December 1969 in New Users

It is really a pain in the a.... It seems i can attach the genitalia sometimes (perhaps after i restart DAZ Studio) but now i'm not able to give the genital-hip section the right color. I copied the surface from the regular hip of my model to the genital hip, worked a little with the ambient color and on the working screen the color of the genital hip is ok. But when I render this, i get a somehow darkgrey over the genital hip area...
any help or idea?

Comments

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 476
    edited December 1969

Hi Arjey!
    If you are using Genesis 2 Female (or Genesis) you should be able to select the Body's skin material preset and apply that directly to the Female Genitalia.

If you are applying them manually there are a few settings that could be giving you the grey color on render:
    1. Check your diffuse color to make sure it matches the diffuse used by the character you are working with (this is the most common culprit)
    2. Another is to check the Specular settings, color, gloss and strength all play a part in this one.
    3. Finally if you are using the default shader system for DAZ Studio scroll to the bottom of the Shader tab and check that your lighting model matches the character's settings. A lot of the Characters that use the default shader system use the "Skin" lighting model while the default is "Plastic". This will cause your mat zone(s) to render with a grey tone to it since with the Plastic Lighting Model you don't get the pink-ish tones like you would from the Skin Lighting Model.

Hope this helps!
    Elli

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

If you are copy/pasting the textures it is likely that you have a difference in the basic Shader used between the two - a thing that copy/paste does not copy! Either select the gens and re-apply the body texture (easiest way!) or check the Shader used for both hip areas and make sure the target hip area is the same before doing the copy/paste.

• ArjeyArjey Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

Thanks alot!! at least that problem is solved... :-)