Shrinkwrapping shirt

So I have searched everywhere on the internet to find a good tutorial or help in solving this problem and have yet to find anything that is truly helpful. My problem comes from and I notice that this happens to a lot of perople is the fact that when you place say a tshirt on any of the females the shirt looks like it's painted. Why Daz hasn't addressed this very common problem alludes me. I have tried d-formers without much luck. I can usually fix the cleavage but just can't get it to work properly under the breast. Also have tried fit control with the same result just can't get it to look natural under the breast. A written step by step tutorial would be helpful. Also I can't afford to pay some rediculous amount of money for a program that I can exprort it to say (Marvelous Designer). Please help.

Comments

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

Sickleyield has one or two products which will help with this.  

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

I've uzed Zev0's product Fit Control for Genesis 8 Female with good success. 

And as Wilmap suggested, Sickleyield has several products along these lines...

For a little more work, Sickleyield also has some tools for creating smoother morphs than the auto-generated ones...

• Yes, it's a frustrating problem.  Finding a solution would have been higher priority on my list than introducing strand based hair, but y'know... 'shiny' things. 

The products mentioned may help, but having tried some myself I found them not always to solve the problem, especially once the figure is posed.  They also cost money which you may not have.

Using a weight map with a Dformer can give better results than without the map but is rather fiddly.  Dforce may help, but your garment may not be compatible and 'explode'.  If all else fails (and it sometimes does), I resort to creating ad hoc morphs.  All no cost options, except for your time to learn how to do tham of course.

• Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will try all of them this evening.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064

dForce is already built into Daz Studio, so I don't understand why one would have to take their shirt to Marvelous Designer and run the same kind of simulation there.

• Dave230 said:

dForce is already built into Daz Studio, so I don't understand why one would have to take their shirt to Marvelous Designer and run the same kind of simulation there.

Not everything will work with dForce - unwelded seams, buttons, intersecting mesh, and other things can cause a model to explode. I don't know if MD does better, but some kind of modification will be required.