Problems with .DXF file import - Carrara 8.5pro

dbegalkadbegalka Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Been trying unsuccessfully to import files into Carrara 8.5pro. After the import menus are completed, nothing happens. There is no image visible. I am using Adobe Illustrator to compile the .dxf file and have tried changing the version of AutoCAD compatibility.
What piece of the puzzle am I missing here? One of the main reasons I purchased Carrara was to use these .dxf files.
Thanks,
db

Comments

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

dbegalka said:
    Been trying unsuccessfully to import files into Carrara 8.5pro. After the import menus are completed, nothing happens. There is no image visible. I am using Adobe Illustrator to compile the .dxf file and have tried changing the version of AutoCAD compatibility.
    What piece of the puzzle am I missing here? One of the main reasons I purchased Carrara was to use these .dxf files.
    Thanks,
    db

Are these 2D or 3D dxf objects. On 2D objects, I have to tell it to extrude to 3D on an import to get it to show up.

ncamp

• dbegalkadbegalka Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Are these 2D or 3D dxf objects. On 2D objects, I have to tell it to extrude to 3D on an import to get it to show up.

Some of both, though I rarely use 3D in Illustrator so I'm unsure if it was exactly what I wanted.
    I tried bringing in a couple 2D .dxf files but still nothing. Thanks much for the reply though.