Variable Zoom Speed for perspective view

I love the abilities of DAZ, but iClone has something Daz lacks for the making the medium and larger scenes manageable.

Variable Zoom speeds controlled with Key/Mouse-Wheel combinations for camera movement.  When I build an outdoor scene or a dungeon I like assembling and placing all the parts together in their spots to get a good scene so I can render from ANY angle at ANY spot. But with only one slow zoom it makes it a real Pain to get to every instance placed and in various areas when I notice something off further away.

Comments

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983
    edited May 2019

First select the figure, prop or whatever in the scene with left-click in the viewport then use the Fame Selection shortcut Ctrl+F to get the perspective view (or current camera) immediately centered on the selected scene item.

Beside of the default mouse wheel scroll zoom there is the magnifying glas icon in the upper right corner those are called the View Controls. There are also other Key+Mouse button combinations (aka Mouse Button Modifiers) that let you zoom without the mouse wheel. I don't know the default shortcuts anymore because I've customized them (Dolly Zoom for me is Alt+Middle Mouse Button) in the Customize dialog (press F3) see the View Controls and Mouse Button Modifiers at the bottom where you can change them.

Another way of navigating the scene is to use the WASD keys if the Keyboard Navigation is activated with Shift+K. If you select the Scene Navigatior tool and have a look at the Tool Settings pane you can see all shortcut keys for the Keyboard Navigation. There is also speed control value how fast you will move with the WASD keys. Have a look at my post in this simmilar thread Is there some way to zoom a scene faster than mouse scroll or magnifying glass icon?

Post edited by Syrus_Dante on
  • Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited May 2019

There is also speed control value how fast you will move with the WASD keys.

Thanks that was helpful!

Set to 100 speed, now can blaze from one end of scene to another.

WASD for speed and mouse middle button dolly otherwise.  Nice combo.

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on