Saved Scene not loading correctly

Okay, so this never used to be an issue. In fact, I've only noticed it recently.

So the issue is largely with my characters in each scene. And not even all of them. I create a scene with props etc throw in my characters, pose them and save. Mostly I do this because this was how I used to save my characters without having to save morphs/shaping/character mats etc separately. Now when I do this and reload a saved scene it's hit or miss whether my characters will stay as I saved them or load in their default shape.

When saving a model as a character preset the same thing happens so this won't help with the issue either. I'm sick of having to re-shape my characters almost every time I want to use them. The only saving grace is that many have custom morphs that I tweaked before this entire thing but they don't fix everything.

Please help, what did I mess up?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,880

Are the morphs embedded in the scene or saved as morph assets?

• SaraeaSaraea Posts: 16

Are the morphs embedded in the scene or saved as morph assets?

Some of the morphs look to be assets while others are scene. The best ones are scene-linked by the look of things, since I did some facial reworking around the temples and cheekbone... Another thing I noticed was that the issues were more linked to recent saves. Like this is a modification of a purchased character which I never had issues with before but now yeah. It's just really weird.

As a trial, I loaded Man-Wolf? Morphed the head a bit stuck it in a scene with another character that I shaped, added morphs to saved. Reloaded and the wolf is exactly as I saved it but the other is back to default. Both started as the genesis base. I'm beginning to wonder if Daz really just dislikes my head morphs...

Also, I'm using 4.9 if this helps any.

it might be worth trying the Public beta, which won't clash with 4.9 (though you should back up your CMS settings as a precaution anyway).

• SaraeaSaraea Posts: 16

I might try that. Thanks :)

• the5amkebabthe5amkebab Posts: 103

Just found this thread, I'm having the exact same issue after updating to the latest general build, was a fix ever discovered? 

Which exact same issue?