Updated Downloads

inspired_designerinspired_designer Posts: 63
edited December 1969 in New Users

How can you find out if the download links on account are updated and need to be re-downloaded. I can only view the order date on each download link. Is there a date when the files have been changed and need to be downloaded again, because I cannot find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

I want to find out what is new and what is not

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The only way that I know, is by using the DIM (DAZ Install Manager) which is an excellent piece of software in my opinion.

I run DIM several times a week, and it automatically enters any products that have been updated, and I can download and install them. It is an easy way to keep everything up to date.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,395
    edited December 1969

The only way to know that there is an update is if someone says that there is. You pretty much have to download products and compare dates. DIM does it all for you as Jimmy said.

• inspired_designerinspired_designer Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I did not know that DIM did auto update. I will try that

edited December 1969

I just installed DIM and on the list it is showing products I have already installed manually.

They are not new because I just updated with the latest products.

Is there a setting I need to change?

I checked the install directories and they are set correctly.

What do I do?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,395
    edited December 1969

It can't read files what you installed manually which is one of the reasons that they suggest to install all the files to the default locaton of C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library and map that location in your DS and Poser formats in DS. If you try to overwrite files you installed manually it could cause usability issues.

edited December 1969

Ok I will do that

Thanks for your quick reply