Plugin/script to combine multiple morphs on the fly

IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
edited May 2019 in Product Suggestions

When making morphs I (and I assume many others) produce several incremental morphs (via Zbrush for example) to get the final morph looking just right. Currently, as far as I know, there is no way to select some morph dials and combine them in to one new morph. The process is quite possible but currently involves zeroing out all morphs except for the target morphs and exporting (in Base Rez) the figure/object and then reloading the figure/object, deleting the individual morphs and then loading the new combined morph. Tedious to say the least! It would be great to be able to select some dials and create a new morph from them whilst having the option to delete the originals in the process.

Now I know that this means someone could accidentally include a commercial morph in to a morph which they then sell as their own. However this is already true and the reality is that anyone making a morph for commercial sale must take every effort to ensure that they are not breaking copyright. A script/plugin for combining morphs, in a "single click", for personal use would be very handy.

Post edited by IsaacNewton on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849

Are you happy to have a master slider that drives the morphs, still as separate sliders, or are you wanting to combine them all? The former is easy, via ERC Freeze, the latter is trickier though I think a script could do it (get teh current shape and calculate the ttoal deltas from that, or get the delats from the individual morphs, then sum them and assign them to a new morph) though I'm definitely not planning to try it any time soon.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Are you happy to have a master slider that drives the morphs, still as separate sliders, or are you wanting to combine them all? The former is easy, via ERC Freeze, the latter is trickier though I think a script could do it (get teh current shape and calculate the ttoal deltas from that, or get the delats from the individual morphs, then sum them and assign them to a new morph) though I'm definitely not planning to try it any time soon.

Hi Richard, Indeed I knew about creating a master slide, and I suppose I could then hide the component morph dials, but that's messy. I would prefer a script that did as you suggested; calculate the total deltas from the component morphs and sum them in to one new morph and then preferably delete the originals.