Anyone know how 'Anilip 2' works?

DrekkanDrekkan Posts: 458
Am tempted to get this product as the demo videos of it in action are not bad at all I just was not sure how it works in regards to how the character would say what you want them to say so I wanted to hear from anyone who may have used this product to give me the details here on the general procedure. Do you play a sound recording or recording of some sort of a persons voice speaking clearly say for example myself on the mic saying something like "hi how are you?" then you upload this sound clip in a certain sound file daz/anilip 2 has to recognise I am guessing and the character (Michael 8 for example) repeats this as it hears it and you can fine tune the vicEmes? How exactly does it work please.

Comments

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,903

I love Anilip 2, I've been using it a lot recently. I haven't used the audio aspect of it, but there's a tab in Anilip itself that you can load it to. I type the dialogue I want said and then adjust everything where needed. What's wonderful is you can change how big you want the annunciation of the lip movement (I don't have the program on this laptop otherwise I'd say exactly what the terms are, but I can if you're interested look it up later when I'm on my computer). It's set at a default of 80 and it works good, but some words are really over annunciated, but I find that if I change it to 60, or sometimes even 40, then it looks like perfect. 

The other thing I do is I use keymate with Anilip 2. Once I have the lips moved for the one section, I go in Keymate, switch to, I believe it's TSFV but again don't have the program open, and it shows all the keyframes. So I then am able to move that chunk of dialogue anywhere I want to in the timeline. This way I am able to have a full conversation with two characters. Start the animation at like frame 1000 to leave the beginning available to have dialogue or whatever you like, do a line in Anilip, move it to where you want it, then go back and do the next line, move that and repeat. I have a three page scene between six characters all in one timeline now without having to break things up, I set my cameras and boom, good to go. 

I'm sure the sound recording part is easy to use, the rest is at least. 

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Keymate does not appear to be available anymore; how would one go about moving the chunks of dialogue where they want in the timeline?

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012
    gitika1 said:

Keymate does not appear to be available anymore; how would one go about moving the chunks of dialogue where they want in the timeline?

You can't buy Keymate anymore as both Keymate and Graphmate were integrated into Daz Studio so everyone has them now :)
  • benniewoodell said:

I love Anilip 2, I've been using it a lot recently. I haven't used the audio aspect of it, but there's a tab in Anilip itself that you can load it to. I type the dialogue I want said and then adjust everything where needed. What's wonderful is you can change how big you want the annunciation of the lip movement (I don't have the program on this laptop otherwise I'd say exactly what the terms are, but I can if you're interested look it up later when I'm on my computer). It's set at a default of 80 and it works good, but some words are really over annunciated, but I find that if I change it to 60, or sometimes even 40, then it looks like perfect. 

The other thing I do is I use keymate with Anilip 2. Once I have the lips moved for the one section, I go in Keymate, switch to, I believe it's TSFV but again don't have the program open, and it shows all the keyframes. So I then am able to move that chunk of dialogue anywhere I want to in the timeline. This way I am able to have a full conversation with two characters. Start the animation at like frame 1000 to leave the beginning available to have dialogue or whatever you like, do a line in Anilip, move it to where you want it, then go back and do the next line, move that and repeat. I have a three page scene between six characters all in one timeline now without having to break things up, I set my cameras and boom, good to go. 

I'm sure the sound recording part is easy to use, the rest is at least.

This helped immensely, thank you. Especially the TRSV and the manipulation in keymate!  Thanks! :)