Daz to 3DX Change hair problem

LoshiraiLoshirai Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi. I have a problem: when I export a character from Daz to 3DX Change, the character hair is well above the head, in a wrong position. How to fix this? I tried modifying x and y values of the hair in Daz before fbx export but the process takes very long, because I need to guess the hair position everytime to fit better in 3DX change.(export-import procedure takes over 5 mins) I couldn't get it fit right. Could you help me solve this issue? I want to have my char exported to Unity...

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

How are you exporting to 3DX?

What format are you saving in from DAZ Studio?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,839
    edited December 1969

iclone 3dxchange pipeline I presume
    you need to do the hair separately, Daz studio parenting in FBX export broken since DS4
    or use transfer utility and make it conforming

• LoshiraiLoshirai Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I still have a question. I unparented the hair and tried to add it with the transfer utility. I've used this tutorial http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/rigging/tutorials/modeling_against_a_genesis_shape/start but the hair has inperfections. How to transfer it perfectly with no morphs?

edited December 1969

post an image of what you mean please

edited December 1969

Hair gets distorted.(see attachment)

hairdistorsion.JPG
    430 x 647 - 38K
    edited December 1969

ah I see, it is conforming to body
    as an piece of clothing
    saving as a short hair under the projection template should avoid that

edited November 2013

There are also these kind of problems at the front of the hair. Which projection to use to solve these problems? The hair fit perfectly when it was only a non-linked mesh. Is there any possibility to apply no fit/template and get the desired results?

Post edited by Loshirai on
    edited December 1969

I really do not know as in most cases I just save as a separate prop for iClone unless it is figure hugging

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited November 2013

That is caused by the item (Hair) adjusting to the Figure morphs. With the Item (Hair) selected in the Scene Tab open it in the Parameters Tab. Set the Parameters Tab to show Hidden, the mini four line menu, Find all morphs that effect the Item (hair) from the figure and ZERO them. You will need to check each section of the hair item, expand it in the Scene Tab and ZERO any and All morphs the figure has added to it in each part of the item.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Did this. There are still issues. What can I do else?

edited December 1969

Solved this. I deleted everything from the scene except the good hair, then exported it as obj, with the custom scale 10 000. Then, I opened the scene again, used transfer utility like in here ( http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/rigging/tutorials/modeling_against_a_genesis_shape/start ) , used short hair template. The hair looked wrong. I imported with morph loader pro the OBJ file with the good hair as a morph, with Mondo preset. Scaled the existing morph to 0 then the imported hair scale to 100 and...solved. Thank you very much for your support.