DoA's Marie Rose

As still a fairly new Daz user(around 7 months), I think this was one of the toughest projects yet: morph an Aiko 8 base into something resembling the Marie Rose character from the Dead or Alive videogame. This was probably my third attempt with this character. I wasn't trying to achieve an exact match of her likeness since as a supposed adult character, I think she looks too childish; but rather I was going for something a little more realistic & adult while not wandering too far off of the character theme. Hence, I ditched the high-heels for some sneakers, went with smaller eyes, and a stronger body tone(not as obvious while wearing the outfit). When it came to the makeup(SkinBuilder8), I went really light on the eyeshadow, a little darker on the eye liner, light on the blush(which still seemed to come out a bit stronger than I liked), and kept to a more natural lip color for the lipstick & making it a little glossy. Overall, I used around 170ish different morphs between the Genesis 8 Female morphs and "EJFM" morphs. Enjoy!

MarRoseSal-1a.png
1417 x 1491 - 3M

Comments

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Nicely done!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Very nicely done!!!

• Thank you! It was also the fastest character render I've done at 2834 x 2983 resolution. I then made the image smaller by 50%. It usually takes me 5-6 hours to reach 50-70%, but this one I was able to get to 98% within 2 hours. I had 3 spotlights in the scene and used the floor and single wall from West Park shaded with marble shaders. I think both the hair & costume had something to do with it. I got the hair and Joy Undies(not seen) over at Renderosity. The French Maid costume, maid stockings, trail running shoes 5, lethal rogue gloves, and sweet pain wristbands I got here at Daz. I'll probably do another render with some clothes that show more of her shape and maybe bump up the lighting a little bit and/or add some additional spotlights/primitive lights.

• Today in another thread someone provided me with a good side-shot of what appeared to be an original model. I was able to tell that I'm a bit off on the overall facial contour, so I might start from scratch again depending on how the adjustments turn out. So far here's the latest: the first is -50% resized of the whole rendered image, and the second is cropped from the original without any resizing.

MarRoseSal-3a.png
    1417 x 1491 - 3M
    MarRoseSal-3crop.png
    884 x 819 - 1004K
  • Yeah, I was still miles off and had to make a few rather dramatic adjustments. I opted to continue working with the preexisting model since the cheeks were painstaking to get shaped from zero to the way I wanted with respect to the rest of the face. On top of doing 30+ other morph adjustments, I found I had to change the face angle by around -50% based on the reference image of the side-shot of her face, which made a world of difference. Image is rendering at the moment and will post it later! smiley

• Ok, here's pretty much the final "messterpiece" when it comes to the facial/head morphs. I think if I try to get it to look any more like the reference images, it will probably lose any kind of "realistic" touch and also gain too much of a child-like resemblance. The eyes are still a little big, but I feel they go proportionately well with the shaped character's face.

In the rendered image, no facial expressions were applied since I wanted to do a "neutral" render of the face. I'll do some more renders later with facial expressions. I'm curious to see how they'll turn out given the fact that the resemblance can change(for better or worse) dramatically after applying expressions.

MarRoseSal-4a.png
    1417 x 1491 - 3M
  • That's dope, do you remember the name of the hair you used?